[BHS Etree] Holiday Meal 2015 Food Drive Begins - Donations/Volunteers Needed

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Nov 10 09:15:38 PST 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact John
Villavicencio,johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net

Mayumi Rubin-Saika, Chief of Service, and her committee are organizing
the Holiday Meal to prepare for this amazing event where
300-400 meals are served. There is a preparation and set-up shift on
Friday, December 11 while the actual meal will be served on Saturday,
December 12th from 12:30 pm – 3:00 pm. Our goal this year is to
surpass 15,000 pounds of donated food and funds.

Here is how you can help: We are in the most need of canned goods,
prepared food, and donations for the toiletry drive. Any extra
Thanksgiving ingredients lying in your cabinets would make a great
contribution to the meal. Please consider sending your student to school
with a few cans to drop off at the bins located outside of the
leadership office in the main building.

The following video and photo links demonstrate the magnitude and impact
of the meal, if you have not been a part of it before.

  * BHS Holiday Meal 2014 Photo’s
    <https://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157649339735030/page2/>
  * BHS Holiday Meal 2013 Video <http://youtu.be/N6pB-CASrJ4>
  * BHS Holiday Meal 2012 Video <https://youtu.be/OTHI6QE4bQ4>

*Volunteer Info*

The volunteer list will be posted in early November, but here are the
three main shifts.

Volunteers should sign up on our online form here.
<https://docs.google.com/a/berkeley.net/forms/d/1WLcrIalvtxDS8napYdflycfZLMDqtG2KLhHMoo4jTY4/closedform>

*Food Drive*

*Fresh Items Needed:*

  * Turkeys (at least 16 needed)
  * Hams (at least 10 needed)
  * Desserts (Pumpkin and assorted pies, cookies)
  * Bread (Rolls, loaves, Corn bread)
  * Salads (Various salads w or w/o cheese, nuts, dressing) Yams/Sweet
    Potatoes/Mashed
  * Potatoes
  * Cheese
  * Butter (3 pounds needed)
  * Onions, Garlic, Spices, Herbs, and other assorted seasonings
  * Any Fresh hot or cold dish that you can lovingly donate

Fresh food donations can be delivered between 4:30pm-7pm on Friday,
December 12 or 8am-12pm of Saturday, December 13 to the main doors of
the school at Milvia and Allston. There is a loading zone located here.
Please indicate what time you would like deliver your donation.

*Canned Foods Needed: *

Please bring in amount of the following types of canned foods.
*If you have any questions please ask Mr. Villavicencio or Mayumi
Rubin-Saika in the Leadership Office.

  * Beans (Kidney, garbanzo, black, green, baked, refried) Corn
  * Chili (Vegetarian, beef)
  * Soup (Chicken Noodle)
  * Cranberry Sauce
  * Pumpkin Pie filling
  * Tomato Sauce or Diced Tomatoes
  * PastaMacaroni Noodles

*Other Items Needed:*

  * Cooking Oil (Olive oil or vegetable oil)
  * Aprons, Gloves, Hair nets
  * Coffee, juice, tea, or other beverages

*Toiletry and blanket drive* will take place from October 26 to December
11.With the winter season on its way we want to help the homeless
community stay warm. We plan to give donations to students in
transitional housing here at Berkeley High and give the remainders out
during the Holiday Meal. We will have bins for donations placed
throughout Berkeley High including near the Leadership Office and in the
C-Gallery. We are asking people to donate new or gently used blankets
and new toiletries including:

  * Backpacks
  * toothbrushes/toothpaste
  * blankets
  * soap
  * shampoo/conditioner
  * feminine hygiene products
  * mouthwash
  * deodorant
  * floss
  * Kleenex packs
  * disposable razors
  * shaving cream
  * lotion
  * combs
  * Q-tips

--

PASSION ---> INITIATIVE ---> CHANGE
John Villavicencio

1980 Allston Way

Berkeley, CA 94704

(510) 644 - 8990
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

@TheJacketHive

@BerkeleyHighASB

www.inventinghiphop.com <http://www.inventinghiphop.com>

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BHS website:
<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To _unsubscribe___from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>bhs-request at lmi.netwith one word only in the
subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent from the email
address that is subscribed to the list.)
To _subscribe _to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>bhs-request at lmi.netwith one word only in the
subject line: *subscribe*