[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Safety Update Re: Incident on Fri., October 16, 2015

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Oct 19 16:10:40 PDT 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contactPrincipal
Pasarow,sampasarow at berkeley.net <mailto:sampasarow at berkeley.net>

Dear Parents & Guardians,

This email will provide details regarding a police response that
occurred on the Berkeley High School campus on Friday morning, October
16, 2015.

The Berkeley Police Department received an anonymous tip at
approximately 8:30 AM on Friday that one of our students was in
possession of a weapon. This tip is related to a similar one, received
on October 8, that resulted in a campus lockdown. On Friday, October 16,
we promptly located the student and interviewed him, and determined that
he was in possession of a knife. Appropriate actions are being taken in
terms of discipline and ensuring campus safety.

The Berkeley Police Department and the BHS Administration worked well
together on Friday and have determined that the campus was not in danger
as the student did not set foot on campus before he was brought into the
main office.

Student safety remains our top priority.

Warm Regards,

Sam Pasarow

Principal

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe *(The request must be sent from the email address that is
subscribed to the list.)

To _subscribe _to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>with one word only in the subject line:
*subscribe*