[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: Thank You, Help Needed 1st Week of School and Beyond

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Aug 31 10:22:54 PDT 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact  Lisa Sibony lisasibony at berkeley.net<mailto:lisasibony at berkeley.net>

Berkeley High is grateful to the many wonderful volunteers who made last week's Registration and Freshmen Welcome Picnic possible. It was a pleasure to meet the new students and families and to see familiar faces. So many of you came in to help, a handful of you came in for more than one shift. Every single one of the volunteers was positive and flexible, which reflects back onto our students and staff -- Thank you, Thank you!

1. This Wednesday, September 2, the first day of school, we need 8 volunteers from 7:45 to 8:45 a.m. to help with students who need a print out of their schedule, and to help pass out student ID cards that were not picked up during registration.

2. The first week of school, this Wednesday through Friday, we need 3-4 "runners" to deliver schedule changes to students who have put in a schedule change form. The schedule changes go on all day, starting at 8:15, though the mornings tend to be busier.

Students must attend all classes on the schedule which they collect during registration (no matter how off or wrong). Counselors will get back in touch with them as fast as possible by sending runners with the new schedule to the classes found on the old schedule.

3. The first 10 days of school, we need 1 runner during 2nd period to help collect official attendance data. This is a fun task which takes place between 9:45 and 10:15 every day between September 2 and September 16. You will get the rare opportunity to walk into classrooms during class time.

This week is an exciting and important time to be on campus -- if you can help, please let me know.

Thank you,
Lisa Sibony
Outreach and Volunteers

Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Catherine Ference are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.