[BHS Etree] REPEAT POST (1 OF 2) - SPORTS: Important information for Fall Sport Athletes

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Aug 4 20:29:43 PDT 2015

Note from E-tree Moderators – We are re-posting the 2 announcements we sent
out yesterday & the day before (the only announcements sent out since June
2015) because our Digest subscribers did not get them.

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact athleticdirector at berkeley.net

Important Athletic Information

Berkeley High School Fall Sports start in a few weeks!

In order to be eligible to tryout for Fall sports, ALL athletes must clear
their Athletic Packet (which includes a physical from a doctor) BEFORE
tryouts. Athletes must bring their completed packet to the Athletic
Director’s office during one of these designated times:

August 6:  11am-4pm

August 7:  12pm-6pm

August 13: 11am-4pm

August 14: 12pm-6pm

August 17: 9am-12pm

There will be “make-up” Athletic Packet Clearing after tryouts begin, but
please note that athletes who have not cleared their packets will not be
able to try-out.

Make up Packet Clearing:  August 18: 9am-12pm and August 24: 9am-12pm

Athletic Packets are available:

•On the BHS Athletics page: http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/athletics/

•At the front office

•Outside the Athletic Director’s office

Other Important Information:

•It is HIGHLY recommended that you get your physical during the summer
months.  This will insure that your physical will be valid throughout the
school year.  Physicals that expire during the school year may result in the
athlete missing practices and games.

•CLEAR FOR THE YEAR – Not playing a Fall sport but may try something in
Winter and Spring?  Come clear your packet early and CLEAR FOR THE YEAR!  If
you are planning on playing ANY sports during the year we encourage you to
complete an Athletic Packet and get it cleared during our FALL packet
clearing times.  Students who clear their Athletic packet during the packet
clearing times between Aug. 6 and Aug. 17 will be ready for Fall, Winter and
Spring seasons AND will receive a special gift (while supplies last).  In
order to be able to CLEAR FOR THE YEAR, physicals must be dated after June
12, 2015.

Fall Tryout Information

Cross Country (Boys and Girls)

First Day of Tryouts

*	Monday, August 17th
*	Time = 5pm

Tryout Schedule for the week of 8/17

*	Monday-Friday @ 5pm
*	Expect to be at tryouts 2 ½ - 3 hours

Location: BHS Track

Coach Contract information: Bradley Johnson - BradleyJohnson2 at gmail
<mailto:BradleyJohnson2 at gmail>  Call/Txt: (510) 301-3866

Other Instructions:

*	Athletes should be prepared to run with running shoes, running
clothes (shorts, T-shirt), and a digital watch (recommended).
*	Please email or call Bradley Johnson if you have any questions

Field Hockey (Girls)

First Day of Tryouts

*	Friday, August 14
*	Time = 3:30pm

Tryout Schedule for the week of 8/17

*	Monday-Wednesday = 3:30pm
*	Thursday – Friday = 6pm
*	Expect to be at tryouts for 2 hours

Location: BHS Stadium Turf

Coach Contract information: Alison Schoenbeck - alischoenbeck at gmail.com. You
can also check www.berkeleyhighfieldhockey.com for more information.

Other Instructions:

*	Please be prepared with Athletic shoes, shin guards, fitted
mouthguard (for hockey specific shin guards see
www.berkeleyhighfieldhockey.com for more info).
*	If you bring turf cleats, also be sure to bring traditional running
shoes. If you don't have turf shoes, running shoes are fine.
*	Bringing both a white t-shirt and a dark t-shirt with you every day
will be helpful
*	It may be very hot and there is little shade. Be sure to bring water
and a healthy snack.

Football (Boys and Girls)

First Day of Tryouts

*	Monday, August 10th
*	Time = 1pm

Tryout Schedule for the week of 8/10

*	Monday-Friday = 1pm
*	Expect to be at tryouts for 2 hours

Location: BHS Stadium Turf

Coach Contract information: CJ Johnson - Coachcjbhs at gmail.com  510-207-1883

Other Instructions:

Athletes should be prepared with: Shorts, Tee Shirt, Running Shoes

Golf (Girls)

First Day of Tryouts

*	Monday, August 17th
*	Time = 1pm

Tryout Schedule for the week of 8/17

*	Monday-Friday = 1pm
*	Expect to be at tryouts for 2 hours

Location: Tilden Park Golf Course.

Coach Contract information: Jesse Brown - brownjesse42 at berkeley.edu Cell:
562-343-0874

Other Instructions

*	Please bring golf clubs if possible. Wear closed-toe shoes and a
collared shirt.
*	The try-outs are held at Tilden Park Golf Course. Please be there on
time, check-in will start at 1 and end at 1:20. Please bring 10 dollars for
range balls.
*	If you have a financial situation which prohibits you from bringing
10 dollars, please contact the coach. Arrangements will be made for those
athletes.
*	If there are any issues regarding this information please contact
Coach Brown.
*	This week of try-outs will be for new AND returning players.

Tennis (Girls)

First Day of Tryouts

*	Monday, August 17th
*	Time = 4pm

Tryout Schedule for the week of 8/17

*	Monday-Friday = 4pm

*	Expect to be at tryouts for 2 hours

Location: King Middle School Tennis Courts

Coach Contract information: Mary Bedford - Marybedford at att.net 510-459-6015

Other Instructions:

Dress for tennis and bring a racket

*We are in the process of hiring coaches for Water Polo and Girls
Volleyball.  Please check the Berkeley High Athletics page for update
information.*

Water Polo (Boys and Girls)

First Day of Tryouts: Monday, August 17th

All other information is TBA

Contact: athleticdirector at berkeley.net

Volleyball (Girls)

Contact: athleticdirector at berkeley.net

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message,
send to:  <mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/;
BHS website:  <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: unsubscribe

bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: subscribe