[BHS Etree] SENIORS: Class of 2015 Graduation Info
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon May 18 19:22:03 PDT 2015
PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact John Villavicencio <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net> johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net
BHS GRADUATION 2015 INFORMATION
Updated May 14
We anticipate that tickets will be available May 26, but this is subject to change.
1. TICKETS: Tickets will be on sale up to and DURING Graduation--as long as they last. COST: Bowl Regular Price $22; Bowl Reduced price $15; Lawn Regular Price $8; Lawn Reduced price $8. Every person attending, regardless of age, must have a ticket for entrance.
a. TWO FREE TICKETS: All graduating seniors will receive two free bowl tickets for the graduation ceremony. They will need to:
(1) Please complete an exit report from the College & Career Center. Click here: <https://docs.google.com/a/berkeley.net/forms/d/12CTzDLaj_HZCGNq9oj_o_rSfmpd7dkZ1o9MEs3qz97w/viewform> Senior Exit Report (Note to parents - you must be a member of the @berkeley.net system to open this document. It works for students and teachers.)
(2) Clear any book, material or athletic debts with Ms. Reed in D173.
The two free tickets are anticipated to be available for pick up beginning May 26, 2015 from Ms. Reed in the Berkeley High School registrar /accounting office (D173). The registrar’s office is located across the hall from the front desk.
b. ADDITIONAL TICKETS: Starting May 26, tickets will be sold through the Cal Performances box office at UC Berkeley—online at <http://tickets.berkeley.edu/> http://tickets.berkeley.edu/, by phone at 510-642-9988, and in person at the Zellerbach Hall (cross street Bancroft and Dana). Box office and phone hours are Tuesday-Friday, 12 p.m.-5:30 p.m., and Saturday-Sunday, 1 p.m.-5 p.m. CLOSED MONDAY! Every person attending, regardless of age, must have a ticket for entrance.
c. REDUCED TICKET PRICES: Students on free and reduced lunch are eligible for discounted tickets. To receive discounted tickets, students should go to the counseling office or to Mr. Nube. Discount codes will be available May 19. The discount code must be presented at the time of purchase to receive the discounted price. Students purchasing tickets with a discount code can purchase a limit of five tickets at the discounted price and must buy their tickets at Zellerbach Hall in person. Box office hours: Tuesday-Friday, 12 p.m.-5:30 p.m., and Saturday-Sunday, 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
2. SEATING: THERE ARE NO RESERVED SEATS. All seats are first come/first served. The doors to the Greek Theater are scheduled to to open up by 4:30 pm for ADA seats first and then for general seating.
ADA Seating: ADA seating is available upon request at the time of ticket purchase. ADA patrons may purchase one ADA seat and one companion seat per disabled individual only. Please note the ADA seating is limited and located throughout the venue and that seating will be assigned on the day of the event based on patron needs. ADA ticket holders will be allowed to enter first when the gates open at 4:30 pm.
3. GRADUATION DAY
a. On Friday, June 12, seniors are required to attend a Graduation Rehearsal from 9 am - 10:30 am at the Greek Theater. We will review the program, seating assignments, and the procession.
b. On Friday, June 12, seniors will report promptly to the Greek Theatre by 4:30 pm to line up for graduation. There will be considerable traffic congestion just before graduation, so it is recommended that students allow themselves an extra margin of time.
(1) Every person attending, regardless of age, must have a ticket for entrance.
(2) Caps and gowns must be worn at graduation. ACHIEVERS will be available at the Greek all day to help with cap and gowns. <http://www.graduationorder.com/> www.graduationorder.com The code is bhs222
(3) Shuttle buses to the Greek Theater will be available from Berkeley High School’s Milvia Street entrance beginning at 3:00 pm on Friday, June 12 for graduates and spectators. Buses will return to Berkeley High School following the graduation ceremony. Note that the ceremony begins at 5:30 p.m. and it will take approximately 20-30 minutes from the pickup-up time to be in your seat at the Greek.
(4) Parking: There are no designated parking areas for students or families at the Greek Theater, even for disabled parking. There will be shuttle buses that can accommodate the disabled.
(5) Gifts and flowers should not be given to students prior to the ceremony due to lack of security.
(6) Any student who engages in disruptive behavior during the ceremony, inflatable balls, cell phone usage, etc. will be warned and then escorted from the graduate section if not compliant.
(7) It is strongly recommended that you do not attempt to drive and park near the Greek theater up Hearst Street or onto Gayley Street as traffic congestion will be heavy. Generally it is advised to plan for a 5 p.m. (or earlier) arrival.
(8) The recommendation is to take BART, bus, be dropped off, carpool or park near the Berkeley High campus and take the free shuttle bus provided by BHS.
(9) If you do plan to drive to the event, there is a pay lot at the northwest corner of Hearst Street and Gayley. Arrival at this lot may take more time than expected because of traffic. Click here for parking information on UC Berkeley campus. The new privately-run Maxwell Garage ( <http://www.maxwellgarage.com/page.php> http://www.maxwellgarage.com/page.php) is right next to the Greek Theater, but there are other structures nearby. <http://pt.berkeley.edu/parking/visitor/lots> http://pt.berkeley.edu/parking/visitor/lots
(10) Disabled Access: There is no designated area for disabled parking at the Greek Theatre for graduation. Disabled people, including those in wheelchairs and their attendants, are welcome to park for free in the BHS lot on Kittredge where it meets Milvia. Accommodating shuttles will leave from there at the times listed above and drop off right outside the Greek theater entrance.
(11) Please, do not bring glass containers, strollers, large coolers or huge balloons, large bags or backpacks, aluminum cans, Alcoholic Beverages, coolers or ice chests, skateboards, bicycles, scooters, musical instruments, fireworks, noise makers, air horns, umbrellas, signs, banners, flags, tripods, animals, lawn furniture!
(12) ALL BAGS ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH.
(13) You MAY bring a blanket to sit on, stadium seats, hats, sun lotion, warm clothes, water in plastic bottles.
(14) How long is the ceremony? The ceremony will last until 8:00 pm at least. Bring something soft on which to sit. It will be hot at first. Bring suntan lotion and a sun hat. Then the sun will dip down. It will be cold. Bring a sweater or blanket. When the ceremony is over, do not count on corralling your graduate right away. There is an exuberant gathering of kids hugging and kissing. It may take half an hour or more to find your student.
(15) Enjoy yourself. Berkeley High graduations are really wonderful and we are pleased to be launching the class of 2015 in style!
Director of Student Activities
Berkeley High School
(510) 644 - 8990
<mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net> johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net
Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Catherine Ference are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to: <mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives: <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS website: <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/> http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/
To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe
To subscribe to the etree, send an email to <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: subscribe
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS