[BHS Etree] ATHLETICS: NEW BAF Golf Clinic AT Golf Tournament, May 1 (Fri.)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Apr 21 09:52:14 PDT 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Cindy Chang, cjchang at berkeley.edu

Hurry now to get your spot in our inaugural Golf Clinic, for beginning
and novice players, at Tilden Park.

Will feature driving, short game, and putting stations, with expert
instruction by BHS' boys and girls golf coaches.  The 3:30 pm clinic is
limited to 18 (ratio 1:6), so sign up now!  $65 also includes dinner at
6 pm.

And there are still openings left for the 4 Person Scramble Golf
Tournament which starts at 12 noon, and ends with dinner at 6 pm.
  $125/player includes 18 holes of golf and dinner, and a gift bag.

Can't get the day off?  Then Please sponsor a hole for only $250.  The
business or non-profit org that you choose to sponsor a hole will get
its name on all of the T-shirts which will be distributed to the
golfers, AND a sponsorship sign by the hole.

To register, please go to www.berkeleyathleticfund.net
<http://www.berkeleyathleticfund.net>.

Remember, this is our major BAF fundraiser.  Why should you support the
Golf Fundraiser?

1. What does BAF fund/do?  Here are some examples:

a. *Stipends for 13 coaches* INCLUDING all Frosh coaches and some
JV/Asst. Coaches

b. *HUDL service* so that ALL teams can use their videotape for
review/recruiting

c. *Stipend of the Admin Asst*. in the athletic dept. She is
instrumental in reviewing the PPE packets for ALL the BHS athletes,
among many other administrative duties

d. *Stipend of the strength and conditioning coach*, who benefits ALL
the BHS athletes

e. BAF *manages ALL the team funds*, which is no small task. The donated
checks to each team are actually written to BAF, a non profit--so that
donations are tax deductible. When expenditures from the team funds are
requested, BAF cuts the check and mails it. We manage all the donation
lists and send out thank you letters to those who contribute over $250 a
year per IRS guidelines. We pay for postage and the office supplies. And
we rely on the volunteer time of our board members.

f. *Installed and maintains the 7 AEDs* (automated external
defibrillators) on the BHS campus, which benefits ALL the BHS students.
BAF provides a portable AED at Moellering Field and offers portable AEDs
to other coaches who are training off campus.

g. *Offers training and certification in First Aid and CPR/AED* to ALL
the coaches, as required by state law, which benefits ALL the BHS athletes.

h. *Supports the Athlete Study Center, *which benefits ALL BHS athletes

Please support BAF, and the BHS Student Athletes!

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree
to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a
message, send to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS