[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Coach Cheryl Draper Retiring as Girls Basketball Coach

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Apr 13 16:24:55 PDT 2015

After thirty-seven years in coaching, the last fifteen of which have been
with Berkeley High, Head Girls Basketball Coach Cheryl Draper is retiring
from coaching the Lady Jackets. In eight years coaching the Varsity squad,
Coach Draper won six NCS Division I Championships and five Northern
California Division I Championships. Her post-season record was 58 and 8.
She coached the BHS Junior Varsity team and recorded only three losses in
seven seasons.

Coach Draper currently has 21 athletes who are playing college basketball at
the D1 and D2 level. She is particularly proud of being one of the only
public schools in the 2011-2012 State Championship to win the CIF Academic
Achievement Award with a team GPA of 3.8.

Coach Draper stated: "It was a great journey. I can only smile knowing I'm
able to retire with such great memories. The cupboards for Berkeley High
Girls basketball are definitely full and I wish the girls the best."

Cheryl Draper played Division I Basketball at Bradley University and has
taught in the Berkeley Unified School District for thirty-five years. Coach
Draper was selected Coach of the Year three times: in 2008 by Alameda Contra
Costa Newspaper; in 2010 by MaxPreps; and in 2013 by Bay Area News Group.

BHS Principal Kristin Glenchur stated: "Berkeley High Lady Jackets
Basketball has long been recognized as one of the best Division I Girls
Basketball programs in the State. Coach Draper has played an important role
in maintaining that tradition for many years. We thank her for her
contribution to Berkeley High and wish her well."

Berkeley High will begin a search for a replacement immediately.

Kristin Glenchur

Principal, Berkeley High School

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message,
send to:  <mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/;
BHS website:  <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: unsubscribe

bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: subscribe