[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Message from Principal Glenchur about Off-Campus Incident Today

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Mar 26 14:58:51 PDT 2015

In the interest of providing clear and transparent communication, we are
writing to inform you of an incident which occurred off-campus today at
lunch near Milvia and University.

A BHS senior sustained a non-life threatening knife wound in the back by a
male we believe at this time to be a non-student. Preliminary BPD reports
are that the BHS student was walking down Milvia when an adult ran up
behind him and began punching him. A report was called in to BPD that a
knife was involved and someone was bleeding. The BHS student later turned
up at a local hospital with what BPD describes as a non-life threatening
knife wound in the back. BPD does not yet have a suspect in custody and
they continue to investigate.

The student is in stable condition and his family is with him.

We will continue to share information with the BHS community as it pertains
to student safety. Any time one of our students is harmed, it is upsetting.
If students have any information to report about this incident or need
support in any way, please have them go to OCI or to their counselor. We
will provide additional details to our families and community where it is
relevant and appropriate to do so.

Sincerely,

Kristin Glenchur
Principal, Berkeley High School

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to
them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net; BHS
etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS website:
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe*

To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*