[BHS Etree] FUNDRAISING: AC Academic Support Campaign

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Mar 17 19:49:03 PDT 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Donna Storey
donnageorgestorey at gmail.com <mailto:donnageorgestorey at gmail.com>

The Academic Choice Advisory Council is in urgent need of your help for
our AC Academic Support Campaign.

During the past two years, AC has modified its curriculum to require
that juniors and seniors enroll in an Advanced Placement (AP) course in
order to give all AC students the opportunity to take on the challenge
of pre-college preparation. These initiatives created the need for new
support structures so that all AC students receive
the individualized attention they require to succeed, including:

--Tutors who provide weekly after-school sessions for students who need
extra support

--Readers who assist AP teachers with grading so that all students'
writing assignments are returned in a timely manner with suggestions for
improvement

--The AC Academic Support Coordinator who provides essential
oversight, coordination and course evaluation

The budget provided to Berkeley High by the school district has no money
allotted for these programs, *so the majority of this critical student
support has been made possible by donations from AC families. /If we are
to continue our programs next year--as well as fund other AC events such
as our Back-to-School picnic and our AC graduation ceremony--we are in
urgent need of your donation today. Any amount you can give will make a
difference for our kids/.*

You can make your donation to the Berkeley High School Development
Group (BHSDG) with "For Academic Choice" or "For AC" on the memo line
and mail it to: Rakhi Rao, 2342 Shattuck Ave. #185, Berkeley, CA 94707.

Or for an online donation, go to the BHSDG web site
http://bhsdg.org/donors.html. Under the PayPal™ logo on the left, type
in “Academic Choice” in the box beneath "Donate to the BHSDG Annual Fund
(other designation optional)", click the “Donate” tab, and then enter
your payment information.

Thank you!

The Academic Choice Advisory Council

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree
to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a
message, send to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS