[BHS Etree] PTSA: Berkeley PTA Council Meeting, Feb. 2 (Mon)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Jan 26 17:23:34 PST 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Tracy Hollander
tracynoah at sbcglobal.net

Dear BUSD Parents and Leaders:

Please join us for our next PTA Council Meeting on Monday, February 2nd at
6:30 p.m. in the BUSD Technology Room, 2020 Bonar Street, Room 126.

Special guest speakers will be leaders from BHS Stop Harassing.

FOR THIS MEETING IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT SMALL CHILDREN BE LEFT AT
HOME; we will be discussing sensitive issues.

PTA Council is a chance for leaders from all of the Berkeley schools to
share issues, strategies, and information and seek advice. Why struggle
alone when, working together, we are so much more powerful?

DID YOU KNOW: That PTA Council gets a guaranteed 5 minute slot to speak at
ALL School Board Meetings?

PTA Council Meetings are open to the public, and we welcome all members of
the BUSD community to join us as we work together to address ways to best
serve the children enrolled in our wonderful public schools. Please add the
dates listed below to your school site calendars. We serve pizza and treats
at all of our meetings, so no need to rush to eat before you come!

Here's what we will be covering at Monday's meeting:

.           6:30-6:50: Sharing Time: How are things going at your school?
Each school site representative will have a chance to check in about
important issues which have arisen at their school

.           6:50-7:00 - UPDATES: School Density Working Group Forming: Mimi
Pulich

.           7:00-7:30 - BHS Stop Harassing

.           7:30-8:00 - Polling of members: what are the topics you would
most like to bring before the BUSD Board of Directors during our guaranteed
5 minutes at an upcoming board meeting?

Our meetings for the coming school year will be held on the first Monday of
each month in the same location. Please mark your calendar:

Feb 2, Mar 2, Apr 6, May 4, June 1

All meetings begin at 6:30 and end promptly at 8 p.m.; pizza and cookies
will be provided.

If you have any questions, please contact Tracy Hollander, BPTA Council
President at tracynoah at sbcglobal.net

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message,
send to:  <mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/;
BHS website:  <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: unsubscribe

bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: subscribe