[BHS Etree] BUSD Board Video Updates December 10, 2014

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Jan 6 17:03:16 PST 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan
markcoplan at berkeley.net <mailto:markcoplan at berkeley.net>

We apologize for the delay in publishing the December 10th BUSD Board
Updates. We have been experiencing some technical difficulties with the
recordings and are working to resolve them so that we can avoid such delays.

*

*

*BERKELEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT*

*BOARD VIDEO UPDATES*

BUSD Board Updates provides highlights of Board Meetings and
other Board activities.

Note: Board Packets & associated documents are available at our website
and on line at all Berkeley public libraries.

Public Information Office (510) 644-6320 <tel:%28510%29%20644-6320>

BUSD Web Site: www.berkeley.net <http://www.berkeley.net/>

*BUSD Board Meeting *

*December 10, 2014:*

*See Ceremonial Photos from Board Meeting on Flickr:
*https://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157650161700075/

**

*Welcome and Approval of Agenda*

President Josh Daniels opened the meeting with a welcome.

See Welcome: https://vimeo.com/116033092

**

*Swearing In of Board Members*

See Swearing In Ceremony: https://vimeo.com/116033093

**

*Election of Board Officers*

See Election of Board Officers: https://vimeo.com/116033094

**

*Board Organizational Items*

See Organizational Items: https://vimeo.com/116033693

**

*Meeting Overview and Agenda Approval*

Newly elected President Judy Appel gave a meeting overview and the Board
approved the agenda, pulling Consent Item 10, Approval of the Masterplan
and the Schematic Design of the Jefferson Grounds Improvement Project
for discussion.

*All Consent Items including the item pulled were approved.*

See Meeting Overview and Approval of Agenda: https://vimeo.com/116033095

See Approval of Consent Calendar: https://vimeo.com/116034586

See Consent Item 10: https://vimeo.com/116034589

**

*Board Recognition: Lew Jones*

See Recognition of Lew Jones: https://vimeo.com/116033097

**

*Public Comments*

See Public Comments: https://vimeo.com/116034585

See Extended Public Comments: https://vimeo.com/116070630

*Union Comments*

See Union Comments: https://vimeo.com/116033695

__

*Committee Comments*

See Committee Comments: https://vimeo.com/116033696

*Board and Superintendent Comments*

See Incoming Director Ty Alper’s Comments: https://vimeo.com/116033697

See Superintendent’s Comments: https://vimeo.com/116084930

*Action Items*

_1. Yearly Review of Facilities Allocations_

The Board received a presentation and approved the item.

** See Action Item 1: https://vimeo.com/116070628

_2. Certification of First Interim Budget Report for the Period Ending
October 31, 2014_

The Board received a presentation and approved the item.

** See Action Item 2: https://vimeo.com/116070629

__

*Special Board Meeting Action Item*

_1. Referral of additional Individuals to the City Council for
Appointment to the Sugar Sweetened Beverage Products Panel of Experts_

The Board approved the list of names indicated in the item, to be
included with the list of Board recommendations approved on November 19th.

** See Special Meeting Action Item 1: https://vimeo.com/116034587

**

*Discussion Item*

_1. Further Analysis of Options for Enrollment and Capacity Issues at
Elementary Schools_

*** *See Discussion Item 1: https://vimeo.com/116034588

__

*Information Items*

_1. Accept New Earth Science Textbook, Science & Sustainability (and
future editions) at BTA for Information_

**

_2. Accept New Chemistry Textbook, A Natural Approach to Chemistry (and
future editions) at BTA for Information_

**

_3. Accept New Biology Textbook, Science and Global Issues (and future
editions) at BTA for information_

**

_4. Measure BB Financial Update (First Interim FY 2015)_

**

_5. Accept Facilities Plan Update for Information_

**

_6. Accept SGC Election Report for Information_

**

Note: The Board does not receive a presentation on Information Items
unless requested by a board member.

__

** Information about starred items can be found in the December 10, 2014
Board packet online in the Board Meeting section of the BUSD website:
http://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/12-10-14-packet-final1.pdf?864d7e

*Special Board Meeting
Packet:*http://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Soda-tax-121014.pdf?864d7e

All Board meetings are broadcast live on

Berkeley Community Media Cable Channel 33

and re-broadcast the following Thursday morning at

9:00 AM and the following Sunday at 2:00 PM.

**

*Schedule of *

*Upcoming Board of Education Meetings*

Note: Listed below is upcoming board meeting dates.

January 14

January 28

February 11

February 25

March 11

March 25

April 8

April 22

May 6

May 20

June 3

June 10

--

Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer

Berkeley Unified School District

510-644-6320 Cell: 510-472-3811

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree
to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a
message, send to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS