[BHS Etree] LEADERSHIP: Student Speakers Contest Meeting, Dec. 10 (Wed)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Dec 3 17:58:48 PST 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact John Villavicencio
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net

Hello BHS Community,

I am helping the local chapter of the Lions Club find 4-6 students
interested in advancing their presentation skills while educating others
about environmental issues. There is scholarship money involved for winning
the first round and opportunities to advance to national contests. If you
have individual students that would be interested in this, please have them
email me and/or stop by the Leadership Office on Wed. Dec 10 at 3:45 pm.

Further Details:

The Lions Club are hosting a speakers contest in February and would like to
have between 4-6 representatives. We would select those BHS reps and then
send those names to the Lions Club. They have a luncheon banquet to hear the
presentations and decide the winner right there. There are a bunch of other
rules and they are listed in a booklet in the office.

The topic is "Water Conservation - How can we reduce, recycle and reclaim?"

Presentations must be between 5 - 10 minutes. There are specific rules to
the presentation which I will review next Wednesday.

By the way you win $175 for the first level and then could advance to 3 more
rounds where the grand prize is over $10,000.

John Villavicencio

Director of Student Activities

Berkeley High School

(510) 644 - 8990

johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message,
send to:  <mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/;
BHS website:  <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: unsubscribe

bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: subscribe