[BHS Etree] LEADERSHIP: Holiday Meal 2014 Posting #2

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Nov 12 11:34:43 PST 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact John Villavicencio
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

Dear Berkeley Community,

Here is another reminder about the annual Holiday Meal as well as the
food and toiletry drive that is currently taking place at BHS.
Collection Bins are located at the leadership office and the front desk.
The following video link shows the magnitude and impact of the meal, if
you have not been a part of it before.

http://youtu.be/N6pB-CASrJ4

*Holiday Meal 2014*: Chief of Service Julia Rosenberg is organizing the
Holiday Meal committee to prepare for this amazing event where 300-400
meals are served.  Friday Dec. 12 4 - 8 is cooking/set-up. Sat. Dec. 13
is when the meal takes place from 1 - 3 pm.

Have your student sign up in the Leadership Office. More information can
be found at that time.

*Food Drive* What we are most in need of is pre-cooked hams or turkeys,
potato or yam-based dishes, green salads or vegetable dishes, and
canned/packaged
foods such as tuna, soups or pastas.

Monetary donations are also a huge help will help us buy basics such as
butter, sugar, flour, foil and other food to round out our meal. They
will also help us cover decorations and entertainment to make this not
only a belly filling, but heartwarming experience for those that attend.

These donations are tax deductible and a letter of receipt with the
school tax ID number will be given upon request. They can be mailed to:

Berkeley High School
ATTN: John Villavicencio
1980 Allston Way
Berkeley, CA 94704

*Toiletry and blanket drive* from November 1st to November 26th and
encourage anyone to donate. Our names are Nicole Tan and Tamar Baumer
and we are members of the Homeless Support Club at Berkeley High.With
the winter season on it's way we want to help the homeless community
stay warm. We plan to give donations to homeless students here at
Berkeley High and give the remainders out during the Berkeley High
Holiday Meal. We will have bins for donations placed throughout Berkeley
High including near the front office and in the C Gallery. We are asking
people to donate new or gently used blankets and new toiletries including:

  * toothbrushes/toothpaste
  * blankets
  * soap
  * shampoo/conditioner
  * feminine hygiene products
  * mouthwash
  * deodorant
  * floss
  * Kleenex packs
  * disposable razors
  * shaving cream
  * lotion
  * combs
  * Q-tips

Thank you so much for considering a contribution or for volunteering at
the event. Have a great day!

--

PASSION ---> INITIATIVE ---> CHANGE
John Villavicencio