[BHS Etree] LEADERSHIP: Holiday Meal 2014 Donation Information

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Nov 3 18:39:48 PST 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact John Villavicencio johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net

Holiday Meal

Saturday, December 13, 2014

1 - 3 pm

Berkeley High School

The annual Holiday Meal will take place on Saturday, December 13.  This special event features over 200 BHS students serving a warm meal, offering clothing, books, shoes, toys, blankets and providing entertainment for some 300-400 homeless or low-income people and families in the Berkeley community.  Our goal this year is to collect 10,000 pounds worth of canned food.

DONATION INFORMATION

We are seeking fresh food or monetary donations to help us put on this special event.

Monetary donations are a huge help and will help us buy basics such as butter, sugar, flour, foil and other food to round out our meal.  They will also help us cover decorations and entertainment to make this not only a belly filling, but also heartwarming experience for those that attend.

Fresh food donations can be delivered between 4 - 7 pm on Friday, December 12 or 8 am - 1 pm on Saturday, December 13 to the main doors of the school at Milvia and Allston.  Please indicate what time you would like to deliver your donation.

Monetary donations are accepted as cash in the Leadership Office (make sure it gets to Mr. Villavicencio) or as checks written to "BHS Student Activities" with "Holiday Meal" in the memo line.  These donations are tax deductible and a letter of receipt with the school tax ID number will be given upon request (Berkeley High School Tax I.D#: 946002113). They can be mailed to:

Berkeley High School

Attn: BHS Leadership

1980 Allston Way

Berkeley, CA  94704

John Villavicencio                                           Julia Rosenberg

Director of Student Activities                          Chief of Service

johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net                       juliarosenberg at students.berkeley.net

510.644.8990

Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Catherine Ference are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message, send to:  <mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS website:  <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/> http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

  <https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif>

​​