[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Volunteer Thank You

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Sep 22 16:16:13 PDT 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Lisa Sibony
lisasibony at berkeley.net

Dear Berkeley High Community:

August and September were AMAZING months for volunteers -- over
200 members of our community contributed hundreds of hours to help launch
the school year.

I would like to thank all of the volunteers who took time out of their day
to help over the last 5 weeks.  It was truly gratifying to see how many
people showed up to help. Not only parents, but grandparents, alumni and
current students volunteered their time to make sure the process was
orderly and efficient.

As of today we have 1,591 boys and 1,608 girls enrolled at Berkeley High
for a total of 3,199.  Registering this many students, distributing
textbooks, handing out schedules, selling organizers and collecting forms
is a massive job.  It could not have been completed without the volunteers
helping with registration week, delivering schedule changes the first week
of school, assisting the Attendance Office with the annual census, and
volunteering last Wednesday at our All-School Assembly.  In addition, we
have 48 volunteers who come in to help at the front desk every week! None
of this would be possible without my dream team of Etree moderators -
Marguerite and Catherine - who work behind the scenes, 7 days a week, to
get information to you in a timely and thoughtful manner.

Again a sincere THANK YOU --  for being enthusiastic and ready to help
where ever needed. What an amazing community we have at Berkeley High.
Thanks to all of you we have had a wonderfully smooth start to the year.

Lisa Sibony

Outreach and Volunteers

bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree
archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS website:
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe*

To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*