[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Temporary BHS Leadership Coverage

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Sep 15 20:19:11 PDT 2014

Dear BHS Families:

We are extremely pleased with how smoothly the opening of school has
gone at Berkeley High School.

Thanks are in order to our entire staff and student body.

In light of these positive developments, it is then difficult to inform
our community that our principal, Ms. Glenchur, must immediately take an
unforeseen leave for the next six to eight weeks for medical reasons.

Changes in leadership structure can be unsettling, particularly at a
school as large and complex as Berkeley High School, yet we are very
confident that the team we have in place can and will keep our
initiatives moving, and continue to facilitate the dynamic educational
experience our community has come to expect at BHS.

Our administrative team, teacher leaders, professional development team,
and classified staff, working closely with district staff, will continue
the momentum we have built around our academic literacy initiatives, the
implementation of the common core state standards, and within the
numerous creative programs and learning opportunities across the school.

We will update our families regularly during Ms. Glenchur's absence and
anticipate no major changes in the education program at BHS until she
returns.

Pasquale Scuderi, Assistant Superintendent for Educational Services,
will be making regular visits to the campus, conferring with the
leadership team frequently, and monitoring general operations from the
central office until Ms. Glenchur returns.

Below is a list of BHS administrators and their areas of responsibility
-please contact them directly should you have specific questions or
concerns.

Respectfully,

Dr. Donald Evans

Superintendent

Pasquale Scuderi

Assistant Superintendent, Educational Services

Kristin Glenchur

Principal

Berkeley High School

*Ashley Milton, VP, Admin. In Charge, *(510) 644-6259
<tel:%28510%29%20644-6259>

_Departments Supervised: _

Berkeley International High School (BIHS)

Counseling Dept.

*_Jorge Melgoza, VP, Admin in Charge_**, (510) 644-8744
<tel:%28510%29%20644-8744>*

_Departments Supervised:_

Newcomer Dept

Communication Arts and Sciences (CAS)

Arts and Humanities Academy (AHA)

*
Erin Schweng, *(510) 644-4566 <tel:%28510%29%20644-4566>

*Vice Principal*

_Departments Supervised_

Math Dept.

Green Academy (GRN)

Academy of Medicine and Public Service (AMPS)

Career Tech Ed

*
Daniel Roose Nube, *510.644.4569 <tel:510.644.4569>

*Vice Principal*

_Departments Supervised_

Academic Choice (AC)

Technology Dept.

Student Activities

*
Rory Bled, *510-644-4803 <tel:510-644-4803>

*Acting Vice Principal*

*_Departments Supervised_*

Library

Science Dept.

World Language Dept.

Athletics

*
Ardarius McDonald, *(510) 644-6675 <tel:%28510%29%20644-6675>

*Dean of Students*

_Departments Supervised_

OCI Staff and Program

Health Center

AfAm Studies Dept.

*
Janelle Bugarini, *510-644-6929 <tel:510-644-6929>

*Dean of Attendance*

_Departments Supervised_

Attendance

Physical Education Dept.

Visual and Performing Arts Dept.

*
Diane Colborn, *510-644-8988 <tel:510-644-8988>

*Special Education Program Supervisor*

_Departments Supervised_

School-Wide Special Education

*
Dave Kirwin, *510 644-4567 <tel:510%20644-4567>

*Operations Manager, Interim*

_Departments Supervised_

Maintenance

Theater and Facilities