[BHS Etree] MUSIC: Band/Orchestra Orientation Mtg. Aug. 22 (Fri) & Planning Mtg. Aug. 21 (Thur)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Aug 20 19:40:53 PDT 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mary Dougherty
marydougherty at berkeley.net

BAO Orientation 2014: Friday, August 22 in A201

Karen and Mary want to be the first ones to get you in our classrooms this
year... so we invite all of you to the annual Band and Orchestra
Orientation, Friday August 22, 10am-12pm. At orientation you'll get an
instrument, locker, music, order a t-shirt and get to know your fellow BAO
mates. Click on the link below for all the details!

<https://docs.google.com/a/berkeley.net/document/d/1f45qLdYxe1WPjxCis2q2Maxp
GuZjHwc4NjSm7WTNtuQ/edit?usp=drive_web>  14-15 BAO Orientation Info

In order to check out an instrument on Friday please print and sign the
Instrument Loan Form

<https://docs.google.com/a/berkeley.net/file/d/0B8OAbpNkl2JCUjRfVlJlN2Q1dmc/
edit?usp=drive_web>  14-15 Loan Form EnglishSpanish.pdf

and order T-Shirt on the T-Shirt
<https://docs.google.com/a/berkeley.net/spreadsheet/viewform?usp=drive_web&f
ormkey=dGMzMXoyTnFvQ09IY25kZjdONGJ1dXc6MA#gid=0>  Order Form

Sign up for the BAO Orientation Planning Committee

There will also be an organizational meeting on Thursday, August 21, 9am-1pm
for any returning upperclassmen who'd like to help out with the Friday
Orientation (and, ahem, earn your first service project...) Sign up here
<https://docs.google.com/a/berkeley.net/spreadsheet/viewform?usp=drive_web&f
ormkey=dDRnUGE4d00xeVhNaXl2clpOX1c2T0E6MA#gid=0> .

BAO Parent/Guardian Letter

Please read the letter linked below. We ask you to please

*	discuss BAO expectations with your musician and sign
*	indicate the ways that your family can support BAO
*	for our entire 1º class, and our returning 0º upperclassmen indicate
your intent to travel with us on our March 29th tour to LA

We ask your musician to return the signed page by Sept. 5th for their first
Service Project.

<https://docs.google.com/a/berkeley.net/file/d/0Bzs6YWpgIn6QV3NVcFI0RjlJa00/
edit?usp=drive_web>  14-15 BAO Parent letter.pdf

Things You Need To Know (to get an A in Band and Orchestra)

aka "the syllabus". Please read below.

<https://docs.google.com/a/berkeley.net/document/d/18HaDIEcaMhFb0TDiqBSo9S0A
BDCJRoQvLkebUr-op2E/edit?usp=drive_web>  TYNTK 14-15 Fall.docx

Musician Info Form

BAO musicians - please fill this out here
<https://docs.google.com/a/berkeley.net/spreadsheet/viewform?usp=drive_web&f
ormkey=dGR0cmhBaC1KeTJtcUFBY29sR25xekE6MA#gid=0>  by September 5th for a
service project.

Caz Jumpstart

Yes! We are taking all 1º and returning upperclassmen in 0º who intend to go
on tour on a 2 day jumpstart September 14-15. Please read details in the
link below and look for paperwork at Friday's Orientation or in your email.

<https://docs.google.com/a/berkeley.net/document/d/19stLxiDNwjnkDN2s6vGzJRp6
KF1RydFrqj2nvTrOONU/edit?usp=drive_web>  14-15 BAO Cazadero Jumpstart cover
letter

Are you a BAO parent reading this?

If your musician is new to checking their BUSD email the following info can
help them out. We will be sending a weekly email to all BAO musicians and
parents with info and schedules, so having access to an
@students.berkeley.net  account is vital to your musician's success in BAO.

<https://docs.google.com/a/berkeley.net/document/d/1S7gCJDbcon9y9ik7Cz-6TeIx
vCXw9HWpJNur9RFo1Ck/edit?usp=drive_web>  help accessing berkeley.net

Phew! See you all on Friday, August 22, 10am in A201!

Thanks,

~Mary Dougherty and Karen Wells

<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message, send to:
<mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/;
BHS website:  <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: unsubscribe.  To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: subscribe.