[BHS Etree] BUSD: Board Video Updates, April 9, 2014

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Apr 14 14:39:20 PDT 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan
markcoplan at berkeley.net <mailto:markcoplan at berkeley.net>

**

*BERKELEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD VIDEO UPDATES*

BUSD Board Updates provides highlights of Board Meetings and
other Board activities.

Note: Board Packets & associated documents are available at our website
and on line at all Berkeley public libraries.

Public Information Office (510) 644-6320 <tel:%28510%29%20644-6320>

BUSD Web Site: www.berkeley.net <http://www.berkeley.net/>

*BUSD Board Meeting *

*April 9, 2014:*

*View photos of this meeting at flickr.com
<http://flickr.com>:*https://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157643955693884/

**

Note: We are experiencing some technical problems with the broadcast of
the meetings from our new facility as Comcast works out signal issues.
For this reason some of these video clips have short gaps in the audio.
This has been a very smooth transition otherwise, and we hope to have
this problem solved before the next meeting.

**

*Meeting Overview*

See Mission Statement and Meeting Overview: https://vimeo.com/91894412

**

*Closed Session and Approval of Agenda*

The Board approved the agenda, moving the Discussion Items to precede
the Action Item.

.

*All Consent Items were approved.*

See Closed Session and Approval of Agenda: https://vimeo.com/91894411

**

*Public and Committee Comments*

See Public and Committee Comments: https://vimeo.com/91894413

*Union Comments*

No Comments

*Board & Superintendent Comments*

See Board and Superintendent Comments: https://vimeo.com/91894414

*Action Items*

_1. Approval of_

_New Positions and Job Descriptions for Reorganization_

** See Action Item 1: https://vimeo.com/91894417

**

*Discussion Items*

_1. Discussion of Athletics and Physical Education at BHS_

** See Discussion Item 1: https://vimeo.com/91947413

_2. Discussion of Use of Hillside Funds_

** This item was tabled due to the lateness of the hour.

_3. Update on the Development of the Local Control and Accountability Plan _

** See Discussion Item 3: https://vimeo.com/91867154

*_Information Items_*

_1. Report on the Berkeley High School_

_South of Bancroft Project_

**

__

_2. Facilities Plan Update_

**

Note: Information Items do not include a presentation unless requested
by the Board.

** Information about starred items can be found in the April 9, 2014
Board packet online in the Board Meeting section of the BUSD website:
http://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/4-9-14_boardpacket.pdf

All Board meetings are broadcast live on

Berkeley Community Media Cable Channel 33

and re-broadcast the following Thursday morning at

9:00 AM and the following Sunday at 2:00 PM.

**

*Schedule of *

*Upcoming Board of Education Meetings*

Note: Listed below are upcoming board meeting dates, with associated
major action or conference items as currently scheduled.

April 23 LCAP

April 30 Student Outcomes

May 14 Student & Family Engagement

May 21 LCAP

June 04 Curriculum & Course Access

June 11 LCAP/Budget

June 25 LCAP/Budget

--
Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer

Berkeley Unified School District

510-644-6320 Cell: 510-472-3811

bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a message, send
to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS
website:http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: *subscribe*.