[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: 10th grade EXIT EXAM Proctors, Feb. 4 & 5 (Tues & Wed)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Jan 20 20:26:39 PST 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Lisa Sibony
<mailto:lisasibony at berkeley.net> lisasibony at berkeley.net

Dear Community,

The California High School Exit Examination (CAHSEE) is a requirement for
graduation. On February 4 & 5 the entire sophomore class will take the
exams, the first day is English and the second is Math.  The exam is not
timed so students will have the entire day to take the exam, however most
will finish by lunch.

We want the exam to be a calm and orderly experience, and one that starts on
time (!) for the over 800 students who will be taking it.  In order to make
it so we need lots of help.

Please consider giving some time to our students. Below is detailed
information about the exit exam and the three shifts. If you can help,
please let me know at  <mailto:lisasibony at berkeley.net>
lisasibony at berkeley.net

. 7:15 to 8:30 am  - We need 10 volunteers to check students in (they arrive
at 7:30) and get the test rolling.

. 8:30 to 11:30 am - We need 10 monitors to help the counselors and
administrators who are running the test.

. Noon to 2:30 or 3 pm - We need 4 monitors/sorters to help sort this test
so it can be packaged in the proper fashion.

For 10th grade parents and guardians this is a rare and special opportunity
to see ALL of your child's peers in one spot.  For any grade level parents
it is a chance to help as many students as possible to pass the test this
first round. If you can come help, please e-mail me with your availability.
Specify what day(s) and what shift(s).

Thank you very much,

Lisa Sibony

Outreach and Volunteers

<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message, send to:
<mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/;
BHS website:  <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: unsubscribe.  To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: subscribe.