[BHS Etree] BUSD: Your Input Needed for BSEP

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Jan 16 18:11:27 PST 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email.  Please contact one of the people
listed below with any questions.

We need input from parents, staff and community members on programs
funded by the BSEP parcel tax measure, in order to work on plans for the
next school year.  Please get involved - we need an engaged community to
help create the best plans for our students and families.

1) Do you have ideas about *district and school communication, community
relations, or public information and translation*?  Have you been
thinking about how schools and district could do a better job with
*parent outreach and family engagement*?  Please contact
natashabeery at berkeley.net <mailto:natashabeery at berkeley.net> and/or come
to the meeting on January 23:

*_January 23 _*_*Public Information/Parent Outreach*_

       7:00 pm, BUSD Offices, 2020 Bonar Street, Room 126

        contact: natashabeery at berkeley.net
<mailto:natashabeery at berkeley.net>

2) Are you interested in the topic of literacy at the intersection of
libraries and technology, or in issues such as cyber-safety and digital
literacy?  Please contact jaynitschke at berkeley.net
<mailto:jaynitschke at berkleey.net> and/or come to the meeting on Janauary 30:

*_January 30    Library/Technology_*

       7:00 pm, BUSD Offices, 2020 Bonar Street, Room 126

       contact: beccatodd at berkeley.net
<mailto:beccatodd at berkeley.net>  (Libraries)

        contact: jaynitschke at berkeley.net
<mailto:jaynitschke at berkeley.net> (Technology)

3) Are you concerned about how we can continue to provide the
award-winning music program in grades 4-8, as well as arts integration
at the elementary schools? We need your input and advocacy at the
meeting on February 4, and/or contact suzannemcculloch at berkeley.net
<mailto:suzannemcculloch at berkeley.net>

*_February 4 _*_*Music/Visual and Performing Arts*_

**7:00 pm. VAPA office, D Building, Room D19C

      Willard Middle School, 2425 Stuart Street

       Contact: suzannemcculloch at berkeley.net
<mailto:suzannemcculloch at berkeley.net>

If you have interests in any of these areas, please come to the meetings
and/or provide your input via the email above.   Meetings take place
from 7:oo-8:30 pm.  An RSVP would be appreciated but is not required.

_Directions to meetings:_

The *BUSD Offices* are located at 2020 Bonar Street, between University
and Addison, in West Berkeley.  The evening entrance to the building is
on Addison Street.  There is street parking, as well as a free parking
lot, one block west on Addison, with the entrance on Browning Street
(near the West Campus Pool).

The *VAPA Office* is located in the D Building at Willard MS. Willard is
at 2425 Stuart Street, just east of Telegraph Ave. Drive east on Stuart
to the next cross street, Regent. Turn left on Regent and park anywhere
you can find a spot. Walk to the dead end of Regent and continue along a
driveway (past the Metal Shop Theater, with a tennis backboard on your
right). VAPA is the last red door on your left at the end of the
building, room D 19 C."

bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a message, send
to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS
website:http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: *subscribe*.