[BHS Etree] SENIORS: Essay Reading: December Schedule and Thank You

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Dec 2 18:20:44 PST 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email contact Janet Huseby, Essay Reader
Organizer jan at smuseby.net

Saturday night was the deadline for applications to the UCs. Many, many
of our seniors took advantage of the essay "readers"-- professional
writers, editors, counselors, and a few lawyers--who have been showing
up in the College Center on a regular basis since late September to
brainstorm, coach, and edit college essays.  With the UCs completed, we
expect the need for essay readers to drop though not disappear until
January.  Below is a curtailed schedule which will also be posted in the
College Center.   But, before we get to the schedule, I would like to
thank the following volunteers:

Linda Artel, Mike Bolgatz, Kathy Brown, Kathy Burns,  Carla Castillo,
Steve Cohen, Vicky Elliott, Brenda Kahn, Mollie McNeal, Elaine Ratner,
Hilary Roberts, Susan Rubin, Sara Sanderson, Ellen Singer-Vine,  Tami
Uecker, Wendy Morrison, Jamie Keller, and Gail Weiner.

Mary Jacobs who staffs the  College and Career Desk writes: Startling
statistic: There have been approximately 400 people who signed in to see
an essay reader since 10/1/13 when I started to save sign in sheets.
That's not even counting September or the e-mails I never saw.  You have
been busy!!

Below is the amended *Essay Reading Schedule for December:*

*(In summary,  Monday and Wednesday morning; every lunch) *

*_Monday_*

*9 to 10 *

*Janet Huseby jan at smuseby.net <mailto:jan at smuseby.net> *

* 12:25 to 1:04 p.m.*

*Kathy Brown klb1mtd at gmail.com <mailto:klb1mtd at gmail.com> *

*Ellen Singer-Vine ellenlouisesinger at gmail.com
<mailto:ellenlouisesinger at gmail.com> *

*3:40 p.m.*

*Sara Sanderson sarafsanderson at gmail.com <mailto:sarafsanderson at gmail.com>*

**

*_Tuesday_*

*11:40 to 12:15*

*Gail Weiner gailweiner at comcast.net <mailto:gailweiner at comcast.net>*

*3:40 p.m.*

*Janet Huseby jan at smuseby.net <mailto:jan at smuseby.net> (Not December 10)*

* Steve Cohen cohensteve at att.net Dec. 10*

*_Wednesday_*

*8 to 9*

*Brenda Kahn brenda.kahn at yahoo.com <mailto:brenda.kahn at yahoo.com> 11:40
to 12:15 p.m.*

*Kathy Brown klb1mtd at gmail.com <mailto:klb1mtd at gmail.com> *

*11:40 to 12:15 *

*Vicky Elliott vicky.elliott at yahoo.com <http://yahoo.com>*

* 3:40 p.m.*

*Carla Castillo _simplycarlacastillo at gmail.com
<mailto:simplycarlacastillo at gmail.com>_*

**

*_Thursday_*

*7:30 to 9 *

*Susan Rubin srubin at psg.ucsf.edu*

*11:40 to 12:15 *

*Vicky Elliott vicky.elliott at yahoo.com <http://yahoo.com> (Not Dec. 5)*

*3:40 p.m. *

*Steve Cohen cohensteve at att.net *

*_Friday_*

*11:40 to 12:15 p.m.*

*Kathy Burns kb at landwater.com <mailto:kb at landwater.com> *

bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a message, send
to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS
website:http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: *subscribe*.