[BHS Etree] ATHLETICS: Sending Your Student Athlete to College, a BAF Panel Discussion, Nov. 5 (Tues)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Oct 29 17:35:32 PDT 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Richard Boyden
rboyden87 at gmail.com

Coach Mark De Luca and parent Bebe Bertholet will discuss sports and
academics, eligibility and college recruitment at Berkeley Athletic Fund's
(BAF's) Monthly Meeting, Tuesday November 5, 7:30-9:00 pm, in the BHS
Library

Head Boys Basketball Coach Mark De Luca and Lacrosse graduate parent and BAF
Co-Treasurer Bebe Bertholet will give our community the benefit of their
knowledge and experience next Tuesday night.  After brief presentations, our
speakers will answer questions and discuss issues with the audience.
Possible topics include:

- What should parents and their athletes be looking for/doing in the
Sophomore and Junior years?

- How can your child find a school with the right balance of sports and
academics for him/her?

- What is the role of our high school coach?

- What do you need go know about how college recruiters work?

- How do NCAA rules effect the process?

- What if your son or daughter is trying to get an athletic scholarship?

We urge all parents and coaches who want to know more to come to this event.
There will be a BAF Board meeting from 6:15-7:15 pm. All are welcome.

<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message, send to:
<mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/;
BHS website:  <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: unsubscribe.  To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: subscribe.