[BHS Etree] LIBRARY: Declaration for the Right to Libraries

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Sep 26 13:22:02 PDT 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Ellie Goldstein-Erickson,
elliegoldstein at berkeley.net

Dear Parents,

The American Library Association is leading a Libraries Change Lives
campaign nationally. You can participate by signing the Declaration for
the Right to Libraries when you visit Berkeley High School tonight,
September 26th, for our Back to School night. ALA is hosting signing
events around the country and will present all the signatures in a
ceremony in Washington, D.C. in May, 2014.

Your BSEP parcel tax supports our library as the *only* public high
school in the state with *two full-time, fully credentialed teacher
librarians!* Clearly, we are a community that values school libraries!
Please come to the food court Thursday evening to see us, sign the
declaration, pick up some bookmarks, get a sheet with the passwords for
remote access to our databases and a booklet with internet safety
guidance. See you then!

Alex Provence

Ellie Goldstein-Erickson

Teacher Librarians

Berkeley High School

Berkeley, CA

510-644-6857 <tel:510-644-6857>

elliegoldstein at berkeley.net <mailto:elliegoldstein at berkeley.net>

"The people who guard the rainbow don't like those who get in the way of
the sun."

- _Going postal_, Terry Pratchett

bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>. To post a message, send
to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
'unsubscribe'; To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: 'subscribe.' http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/
<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>