[BHS Etree] ATHLETICS: Volleyball Tryout Information

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sat Aug 17 08:50:49 PDT 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Jorge Peñate   penate.jorge at gmail.com

Hello! My name is Jorge Peñate and I am the new girls’ volleyball program director and head varsity coach here at Berkeley High. Thank you for being interested in joining the BHS Girls’ Volleyball program. We are excited for what this new fall season has to offer, as we begin a new journey towards establishing our program as one of the best in the East Bay and across all of Northern California.

Here is some information that you should know as we've made some changes for tryouts (if you'd like to view the entire PDF, here is the link: http://goo.gl/hvdghG)

Tryouts will be run similar to a volleyball camp where coaches will teach all the fundamental skills of the sport and then implement those in game-like drills. We will be having two sessions a day for the week to allow the coaches to fully gauge not only your current skills but also your rate of improvement and all the intangibles required to be a member of our program.

Schedule

Monday
8/19
Tuesday
8/20
Wednesday
8/21
Thursday
8/22
Friday
8/23
-
Session 2
9-11:30am
Session 4
9-11:30am
Session 6
9-11:30am
-
Session 1
4-6:30pm
Session 3
4-6:30pm
Session 5
4-6:30pm
Session 7
4-6:30pm
Signing Night
7:00-8:30pm

Please make sure you bring your Athletic Packets completely filled out as you won't be allowed to participate without it. More information will be shared will be shared with you at the beginning of Session 1. Coaches will be using all week to evaluate each player and make final decisions by Thursday night. Each team will carry 12 players with the maximum of 14. If you make our team, you are required to attend the Signing Night with a parent/guardian or a family representative.

Once again, thank for being interested in our program. Feel free to e-mail me at penate.jorge at gmail.com with any questions. We are looking forward to see you at tryouts and begin an amazing season! Go Jackets!

Coach Jorge Peñate
Varsity Head Coach, BHS Girls’ Volleyball
Head Coach, Xceleration Volleyball Club
Assistant Coach, USAV National High Performance - Girls' Future Select

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/