[BHS Etree] Message from Your E-Tree Moderators

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Jun 13 21:03:52 PDT 2013

As the Berkeley High community prepares to send off its Class of 2013 and
their families, we must also bid farewell to two individuals who have been
crucial to the foundation and continuance of the BHS E-tree.

Janet Huseby is retiring from her position as Volunteer Coordinator at
Berkeley High.  Janet started the BHS E-tree when she was still a Berkeley
High parent and has been the glue connecting the BHS Administration and the
E-tree, supplying us with crucial announcements and answering our burning
questions on a daily basis.  Janet has also been our most vocal champion and
cheerleader - recruiting new subscribers, defending our funding and our
editorial integrity.  We cannot imagine how we will do our work without
Janet's help - we trust that rest of the BHS community will assist us as we
move forward.

Diane Douglas will be leaving both Berkeley High and the E-tree as her
youngest graduates tomorrow.  Diane joined the E-tree as moderator eight
years ago after managing the King Middle School E-tree for two years when
her oldest was there. Diane is our moderator exemplar, on whose wise
guidance we all depend.  She is comfortable with deadlines, writing AND
technology - tracking down glitches and untangling the E-tree's occasional
and exciting (behind the scenes) mass bounces. Under her supervision, 3,300
subscribers were moved to our current server, LMI.  The same ability to
understand technology has helped Diane to organize the E-tree so that
postings are clear, concise, and consistent.

That's the technical side, but it is Diane's experience and insight we are
really going to miss.  Over the last eight years, Diane has seen a lot and
worked with many post-ers, parents, teachers, and administrators at Berkeley
High School. She knows just what to say and do when it comes to our frequent
behind-the-scenes discussions over content, timing, and appropriateness.

As Janet retires and Diane "graduates", they leave behind a strong and
smoothly running etree as their legacy.  Thank you both!

Finally, starting next week, the E-tree will be on hiatus for the summer and
will not be posting on a regular basis until shortly before school resumes
in August.

subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'