[BHS Etree] BUSD: School Board Video Updates - May 8, 2013

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue May 14 06:29:59 PDT 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan,
markcoplan at berkeley.net

BERKELEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT

BOARD VIDEO UPDATES

BUSD Board Updates provides highlights of Board Meetings and other Board
activities

Note: Board Packets & associated documents are available at our website and
all Berkeley public libraries

Public Information Office (510) 644-6320 <tel:%28510%29%20644-6320>

BUSD Web Site: www.berkeley.net <http://www.berkeley.net/>

BUSD Board Meeting May 8, 2013:

View photos of Board Meetings at  <http://flickr.com/> flickr.com:
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157633457408668/>
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157633457408668/

Closed Session and Approval of Agenda:

The Board approved the agenda pulling Consent Items

3.4-C 3.5-C and 3.6-C Approval of Recommendation for Expenditures in 2013-14
of Fund Allocated

to Parent Outreach; Professional Development and Program Evaluation from the
Berkeley

Public Schools Educational Excellence Act of

2006. All Consent Items, including those pulled were approved.

See Closed Session and Approval of Agenda:  <https://vimeo.com/65834186>
https://vimeo.com/65834186

Swearing in of Newly Appointed Board Member by City Clerk:

The City Clerk conducted the swearing in of newly appointed Board Director
Julie Sinai. See Swearing In: <https://vimeo.com/65834811>
https://vimeo.com/65834811

Board Recognition - BHS ROP Students

The Board recognized 2013 ROP Student Award Recipients at Berkeley High
School:  Michael Grey, AP Environmental Science; Lily Rockholt, Accelerated

Biotechnology and Lab Research; Colleen Sparks, Advanced Digital
Photography; and Keelan Williams, Advanced Video Productions. See
Recognition:  <https://vimeo.com/66041094> https://vimeo.com/66041094

Public Comments:

See Public Comments Process Explained:  <https://vimeo.com/66041093>
https://vimeo.com/66041093

See Public Comments:  <https://vimeo.com/66041095>
https://vimeo.com/66041095

Union Comments:

See Union Comments:  <https://vimeo.com/66041096> https://vimeo.com/66041096

Board & Superintendents Comments:

See Board & Superintendents Comments:  <https://vimeo.com/66041097>
https://vimeo.com/66041097

Consent Calendar:

See Approval of Consent Calendar:  <https://vimeo.com/66044529>
https://vimeo.com/66044529

Presentation Items:

3.1-P Report on School Gardening and Cooking

Program

** See Gardening and Cooking Presentation Part One (40 minutes):
<https://vimeo.com/66044530> https://vimeo.com/66044530

See Gardening and Cooking Presentation Part Two (30 minutes):
<https://vimeo.com/66044532> https://vimeo.com/66044532

See Gardening and Cooking Presentation Part Three (33 minutes):
<https://vimeo.com/66044533> https://vimeo.com/66044533

3.2-P Budget Proposal for Implementation of

Common Core State Standards

** See Presentation:  <https://vimeo.com/66046472>
https://vimeo.com/66046472

Conference Items:

1.1-CF Discuss Board of Education Appointments

to Committees and School Assignments

Due to the lateness of the hour the Board tabled this item to return at a
later meeting. **

2.1-CF Elimination/Reduction of Certain

Classified Positions

** See 2.1-CF:  <https://vimeo.com/66044534> https://vimeo.com/66044534

Information Items:

3.1-I I Proposal for K-5 Math Curriculum Aligned

with Common Core Standards

The Board requested a presentation on this item.

** See 3.1-I:    <https://vimeo.com/66046471> https://vimeo.com/66046471

4.1-I I P-2 School Average Daily Attendance

The Board requested a presentation on this item.

** See 4.1-I:  <https://vimeo.com/66046470> https://vimeo.com/66046470

5.1-I I Facilities Plan Update

**

** Information about starred items can be found in the May 8, 2013 Board
packet online in the Board Meeting section of the BUSD website:
<http://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/05-08-13_packet.p
df>
http://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/05-08-13_packet.pd

All Board meetings are broadcast live on

Berkeley Community Media Cable Channel 33

and re-broadcast the following Thursday morning at

9:00 AM and the following Sunday at 2:00 PM.

Schedule of

Upcoming Board of Education Meetings:

Note: The Board is currently holding three meetings a month instead of two,
with one meeting focusing on Information Items as a Board Study Session.

May 15          Study Session

May 22

June 12

June 19         Study Session

June 26

--
Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer

Berkeley Unified School District

510-644-6320 Cell: 510-472-3811

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji, and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer
<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to:
<mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'