[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: THIRD CALL for Ushers School-Wide Assembly, Mar. 7 (Thurs.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Feb 28 18:05:24 PST 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby,
janethuseby at berkeley.net

This is the third call for ushers to help at  the School-Wide Assembly on
Thursday, March 7.  This assembly is the first all school (well, half-school
followed by half-school) assembly in more than four years.  It is a big
deal--covering an important topic--violence in our community. We need help
ushering in 1,500 students quickly, ushering them out, and then doing it all
over with the second 1,500.

Ushers can serve for one or both assemblies.

                        First Shift: 8:45 - 10:24 a.m.

                        Second Shift:  10:00 - 11:40 a.m.

If you can help please let Janet Huseby know at janethuseby at berkeley.net

The assembly will feature Dr. Victor Rios, a Berkeley High School alum who
teaches at UC Santa Barbara and is the author of Punished: Policing the
lives of Black and Latino Boys.  The assembly will also recognize members of
the Berkeley community who have worked to eliminate violence and gun
violence in particular in Berkeley, on campus, and in the larger community.

Janet Huseby
Outreach and Volunteers

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer
<http://us.mc1849.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=bhs-owner@lmi.net>
bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to:
<http://us.mc1849.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=bhs@lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS
etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<http://us.mc1849.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=bhs-request@lmi.net>
To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<http://us.mc1849.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=bhs-request@lmi.net>
bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: 'subscribe'