[BHS Etree] ADMIN: All sophomore Exit Exam scheduled for Feb. 5 and 6

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Jan 11 16:22:59 PST 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby,
janethuseby at berkeley.net

ALL Berkeley High Sophomores (ALL 777 STUDENTS) will be taking the
California State Exit Exam (CAHSEE) on Tuesday, Feb. 5 and Wednesday, Feb.
6. This exam is a massive and a very important undertaking.  We want as
many students as possible to pass the test on the first round. In order to
do so, we are planning (hoping) dozens of volunteers will come help order
to administer the test in a smooth and organized fashion.

All California students must take this exam in order to receive a
California high school diploma.  The first day's test is English; the
second is Math.  All sophomores are required to take both sections.
Students who don't pass a section will have more opportunities as juniors
and seniors to retake one or both sections.

The exam will be offered in several locations but most students will be
assigned either to the Jacket Gym or the Donahue Gym. The 10th graders will
report to Berkeley High at 7:30 am on both days. The tests are untimed. As
students finish the exam they will return to their regular school schedule.

Below is my First Official Call for Help!

We need dozens of volunteers to help check students in, monitor the exam,
and sort the material in the afternoon. The three volunteer shifts are 7:15
to 8:30 am, 8:30 to noon and noon to 3 p.m. The more people we have, the
calmer and more orderly the test will be.  It is also—if you are a 10 grade
parent or guardian—a wonderful opportunity to meet your child's entire
class.  So many reasons to help!

If you can help, please let me know which day and which shift. You can
contact me at janethuseby at berkeley.net

one word only in the subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To*subscribe* to the
etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'