[BHS Etree] JOBS: Youth Spirit Artworks training - Starts Jan. 21

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Jan 10 22:24:48 PST 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Sally Hindman, slhindman at aol.com

Youth Spirit Artworks is accepting applicants for its Spring 2013 Training
Program--which starts Jan. 21st at 3:30pm.

Youth Spirit Artworks, the interfaith, TOTALLY FUN, non-profit youth art
jobs training program giving young people jobs experience in creating art to
sell--and selling it--seeks applicants for our Spring training program which
starts Monday January 21st and runs until June 7th. Youth Spirit's art
studio and retail store is located at 1769 Alcatraz Avenue near the corner
of Adeline Street--1 mile south of Berkeley High down Martin Luther King Jr.
Way.

Beginning participants are paid a monthly stipend of $75 for participating
in the training 9 hrs per week--MWF 3:30pm to 6:30pm or TTHF 3:30pm to
6:30pm. Youth climb a progression ladder in our program gaining increased
responsibility and stipend amounts at each step up the ladder from serving
as Aspirants to Jr. Artists.

Requirements to participate are that youth be ages 16 to 25 years old and
love art, business, or sales and that you/your household is living below
poverty level.

Youth Spirit prides itself on being a safe, welcoming community where all
young people are welcome and can be themselves.

Applications can be downloaded at our web site and turned in either by snail
mail at: Youth Spirit Artworks, 1769 Alcatraz Avenue, Berkeley, CA  94703 or
email at admin at youthspiritartworks.org or in person to our retail store on
Monday January 21 or before. For information call 510-282-0396.

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji, and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer
<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to:
<mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'