[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Nov. 15 (Thurs.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Nov 14 17:30:46 PST 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared for the bulletin by the BHS front desk. No additional information or details are available from the etree.

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
Thursday, November 15, 2012

*New to the bulletin today

SENIORS

1. Senior polls are here!  Seniors can pick up polls at the senior steps during lunch and after school.  Next week seniors can pick up polls after school at C327.  We will check off names so don’t try to send in more than one!  They are due by Friday, November 16th.  Seniors drop Senior Polls off in D221 at lunchtime!

2. Hey Seniors! Pick up a memory of your last year at Berkeley High. Only $3 for a senior spell out photo now on sale in the leadership office. All funds go to the senior prom.

3. Senior Portraits - Wednesday, November 14th from 3:00 – 7:00 pm; Wednesday, November 28th from 3:00 – 7:00 pm.  All portraits will take place in the east gallery of the Theater.   These pictures are by Appointment ONLY.  Contact ABC school portraits or go online to www.abcschoolportraits.com

CLUBS

1. BHS Club Leaders, this message is for you!  Please attend a Club Leader meeting on Thursday, November 15, at lunch in the Jacket Gym.  This Thursday meeting will cover updated Club regulations and get help on how leadership can help promote your club.  See you at the Jacket Gym on Thursday.

2. Thursday, November 15th to learn more tobacco facts, win prizes, and have fun. Wear a red shirt in support of BHS students kicking ash! If you have asthma, smoking is especially risky due to the damage it does to the lungs and because it can undo the effects of inhaler medications.  Come to the senior steps at lunch and learn more smoking facts;

* 3. Earphone English Club, Lunchtime in room C124.  We will be reading City of Bones, come and join us.

4. Want to learn to knit or start a new project?  Ms. L. Daly is starting the Knitting Club in the library, Fridays at lunch.  We have yarn and needles!

5. Do you like money? Do you have money but don't know how to spend it or save it wisely? Do you not have money, but would like to learn how to earn some through entrepreneurship and investment? Then join Money Management Club! We meet on Fridays at lunch in Room C-309!

LEADERSHIP

*1. Hello Berkeley High!  Did you know that 1 in 6 people in Alameda County use the food bank and that 42% of those people are children?  BHS Leadership is getting ready to put on this years Annual Holiday Meal on December 15th and they need your help.  On Thursday, November 15th a canned food drive will begin and will continue until December 14th.  You can drop off your items in the C Building gallery, the 1st floor of G/H building or the front office.  We are trying to reach a school wide goal of 10,000 items, so bring at least three items per student!  We thank you. Leadership.

2. Please help those people affected by the Hurricane in New York and New Jersey Area.  Bring Warm clothing, batteries, blankets and candles to the bins outside of leadership office.  All week we will collect these items to be sent over the communities in need.  Thank you Berkeley for your support.

PERFORMANCES

Come hear your friends play at our upcoming Jazz concerts:

Friday evening, November 16th, 7:00 pm in the Little Theatre:  The award-winning Jazz Ensemble plus three great combos! These concerts are FREE to BHS students and Staff

OTHER

1. FINE AMNESTY at the Berkeley Public Library
Overdue fines will be waived, forgiven and forgotten! November 5 - 17, 2012. This is your chance to clear your record of fines, but you must come in to the Library to take advantage of this deal. Amnesty does not apply to fees for unreturned items.

2. Are you interested in writing, poetry, art, or photography?  Then come join the Y Teen Center’s newspaper.  Your work will be published once a month.  We are located across from the park, so drop by if you’re interested!  Located in the old PG&E building at the corner of Center and Martin Luther King Jr Way.

*New to the bulletin today

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/