[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Nov. 6 (Tues.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Nov 5 18:24:47 PST 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared
for the bulletin by the BHS front desk. No additional information or details
are available from the etree.

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

*New to the bulletin today

ADMINISTRATION

1. Berkeley High, this is the dean of attendance, with a reminder that
anybody who misses 30 periods of class without an excuse will get blocked
from school dances and from work permits.  Every three tardies will count as
one unexcused absence. And yes, they will accumulate all year.  If you
attend Saturday school from 9am to 1 pm, you can excuse six of your most
recent period absences. In Saturday school, tutors will help you with work
you missed the days you were absent. Free breakfast, too. If you want to
sign up for Saturday school-speak to me or anybody in the attendance office.
Space is limited to the first 30 students who sign up.  Our first Saturday
school date is coming up November 10th. After that we'll have Saturday
school every other week.

*2. Exit Exams- Seniors and Juniors Tuesday, and Wednesday  morning at
8:00am in the Jacket gym.

SPORTS

1. Girls Basketball Tryouts, 11/6/12 - 11/7/12
     Tuesday & Wednesday: 7:00 - 9:00 pm @ Donahue Gym

2. Boys Basketball Tryouts, 11/6/12 - 11/7/12
     Tuesday & Wednesday: 6:00 - 8:00 AM @ Donahue Gym

3. Girls Soccer Tryouts, 11/6/12 - 11/9/12

     Tues: BHS Turf 4-6pm

     Wed: Memorial Stadium 7-9pm

     Thurs: BHS Turf 4-6pm

     Friday: BHS Turf 9am-3pm

4. Boys Soccer Tryouts, 11/6/12 - 11/9/12 and 11/12/12

     Varsity & Junior Varsity Boys

     Mon: BHS Turf 4-6pm

     Tues: Memorial Stadium 7-9pm

     Wed: BHS Turf 4-6pm

     Thurs: Memorial Stadium 7-9pm

     Friday: Gilman 9 am - 3 pm

     Mon (11/12): Gilman 9am-3pm

     Freshmen

     Tues - Thurs (11/6 - 11/9): Gilman, Times TBA

5. Women's Lacrosse fall ball stick work is held Tuesdays and Thursdays at
the track 3:45-5:15. And Conditioning is on Wednesdays also at the BHS
track, 3:45-5.

6. If you are interested in playing Men's Lacrosse, come join the
conditioning and stick skill sessions currently underway at Berkeley High
School.  Conditioning -- Mondays and Wednesdays at 4:15-6:00 pm and Fridays
at 5:15-6:00 pm. Stick Skills -- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 4-5 pm.  Both are
held at the Berkeley High Field. Everyone is welcome.

SENIORS

1. Senior polls are here!  Seniors can pick up polls at the senior steps
during lunch and after school.  Next week seniors can pick up polls after
school at C327.  We will check off names so don't try to send in more than
one!  They are due by Friday, November 16th.

2. Hey Seniors! Pick up a memory of your last year at Berkeley High. Only $3
for a senior spell out photo now on sale in the leadership office. All funds
go to the senior prom.

COLLEGE VISITS

Tuesday, Nov. 6:
8:27 am  Eckerd College (FL)
*11:40 am  Whitman College (WA)

Wednesday, Nov. 7:

*12:24 pm  University of Redlands (CA)

1:28pm  Drew University (NJ)
2:32 pm  Polytechnic Institute of New York University (NY)

Thursday, Nov. 8:
10:40 am  Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM - CA)

CLUBS

1. Vagina! OK now that I have your attention!  Vagina Monologues auditions
will be held today (Tuesday) in C135.  Don't miss your chance to be a part
of this powerful production.  Sign-ups/ more info are on the A-bldg drama
board.  See you there!

2. Join the Dance Technique Club! This club is for people who are interested
in improving, practicing or learning classic ballet technique. We will begin
meetings November 6th and each following Tuesday after school in the
Afro-Haitian studio at 3:40 pm until 4:10 pm.   If anyone is interested in
contacting me I can be reached on my email,  <mailto:ilanashare at yahoo.com>
ilanashare at yahoo.com, or my cell phone, (510) 809-5726.

3. Did you know that tobacco is the leading cause of preventable and
premature death in the US?  Come out to the senior steps at lunch on
Thursday, November 15th.  Learn about tobacco and marijuana, win prizes, and
have fun.  Wear a red shirt in support of BHS students kicking ash!

*4. Zero waste week was 2 weeks ago!  There were prizes up for grabs for
recycling.  Our two winners were Zora Moniz, and Misty Cox.  Come pick up
your prizes at G216, Wednesday the 7th after school in 3:30.  Stay Green
Berkeley High!

*5. The BHS Mountain Bike Racing Team will be holding a rider & parent
meeting on Thursday, November 8th from 6:00-7:00pm at school in Ms.
Kavaler's room, G304.

PERFORMANCES

* Come hear your friends play at our upcoming jazz concerts:

Thursday evening, November 8th, 7:00 pm in the Little Theatre:  Jazz Lab I
and Jazz Lab II

Friday evening, November 16th, also 7:00 pm in the Little Theatre:  The
award-winning Jazz Ensemble plus three great combos! These concerts are FREE
to BHS students and Staff

OTHER

*FINE AMNESTY at Berkeley Public Library

Overdue fines will be waived, forgiven and forgotten! November 5 - 17, 2012.
This is your chance to clear your record of fines, but you must come in to
the Library to take advantage of this deal. Amnesty does not apply to fees
for unreturned items.

*New to the bulletin today

subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'