[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: Library at Lunch Time

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Nov 1 14:55:50 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Alexandra Provence  alexandraprovence at berkeley.net

Good Afternoon,

As you probably know, our library is open to all of our students at lunch, and it sometimes feels like they all show up!

We are able to help students in the main library with research, independent reading books and computer usage, but we would love a parent volunteer each day to sit with the students in our adjoining computer lab.  It's a wonderful chance to work with our students in a relaxed atmosphere for short period time.  We prefer a person who can commit to coming the same day each week.  Our lunch time is from 11:35-12:20 daily, except Monday which is 12:20-1:05.  We will happily provide a short orientation with a information sheet to cover most questions.  You are simply here to provide an adult presence and help students if they ask.  We are both here in the main library, just a shout away.

Please email Alex Provence if you are interested in helping us provide this invaluable library service to our students.

Alex alexandraprovence at berkeley.net & Ellie

Alexandra Provence
Teacher Librarian
Berkeley High School

See our Reading Blog @ http://bayareabibliophile.wordpress.com/

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/