[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: Message to confirmed and potential Rally Volunteers

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Oct 16 16:34:50 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby,
<mailto:janethuseby at berkeley.net> janethuseby at berkeley.net

We currently have 64 volunteers.  We would like 10 more. We also need three
more captains.  Here is the plan:

1. All volunteers report to the Front Desk between 1 and 1:45 (we are
staggering arrivals). The only open door will be located in the Admin
Building on the corner of Milvia and Allston Way.

2. Volunteers will choose which grade they will work with when they sign in.
You may choose to be with your child's grade or as far away as possible. If
your child does not want to see you, do not worry, your child will not see
you.

3. I will give a quick orientation and then volunteers will head to the
field to meet the captains. The captains will have walked the field and will
be there to position volunteers so we are covered where we need to be.

4. I still need three more captains.  This is not a hard job but I do ask
captains to come to BHS on Thursday at 1 p.m. to walk the field with Vice
Principal Walton, Fern Royce and myself so we are all on the same page. If
you can be a captain, please let me know ( <mailto:janethuseby at berkeley.net>
janethuseby at berkeley.net).

5. If possible, please bring a cell phone.  Volunteers are not responsible
for discipline but should you see untoward behavior, we would appreciate it
if you called security.  I will provide a card with the important numbers.

6. Everyone will be wearing Red and Gold.  But, whatever you wear, ushers
will don a bright identifying t-shirt so students know you are an usher.

7. I am going to ask four volunteers to watch two exit doors. The door
watchers will leave their post in plenty of time to watch the rally.  If
this quiet job appeals to you, please let me know when you arrive.

8. Excitement is building.  Friday is bound to be a fun day! Let me know if
you can join the usher ranks--we still need 10 more.

Janet Huseby and Fern Royce
Outreach and Volunteers

subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'