[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Oct. 16 (Tue.)
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Oct 15 17:17:06 PDT 2012
PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared for the bulletin by the BHS front desk. No additional information or details are available from the etree.
STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
*New to the bulletin today
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
LEADERSHIP / RALLY
1. Homecoming week is this week -- October 15-19th! Homecoming Rally is Friday, October 19th.
Homecoming Week themes:
Monday - Pajama day
Tuesday - Superhero and Villain Day
Wednesday - FARM DAY
Thursday - 80s/90s day (SENIORS) NERD DAY (Grades 9-11)
Friday - Red and Gold Day RALLY TIME……….
2. And speaking of spirit week……..Please remember to keep it appropriate!
No exposed bra straps, no exposed belly buttons, no exposed rear ends, derrieres and butt cheeks!!! This is for boys and girls! Stay classy, Berkeley High!
3. Purchase Rally Clothes at lunch on the Senior Steps -- T-shirts, socks, and other items…….JACKET SPIRIT!!!
*1. Musicians, sports fans, writers, poets, journalists, singers, passionate individuals, and comedians! Get exposure and share your talents with the wider Berkeley High Community. Join Berkeley High Radio! Email berkeleyhighradio at gmail.com or come to G103 Thursdays at lunch to contribute. To listen to our show visit berkeleyhighradio.com
Seniors drop Senior Polls off in D221 at lunchtime!
1. Come to Women’s Lacrosse fall ball! Conditioning is Wednesdays on the track from 3:45 – 5pm and stick is 4-5:15. On Thursdays at Ohlone Park. No experience is required! Come out.
2. Attention all boys interested in trying out for Soccer this year. Tryouts will be held Monday through Friday, November 5-9 at a location to be determined. In order to tryout you must complete an Athletic Packet. Be sure to register at www.futbolberkeley.com.
* 3. Football
JV v. San Leandro 4:30
Varsity v. San Leandro 7:00 (Homecoming Game)
Freshman Team v. San Leandro @ Cabot C.C. 11:00 am
*4. Women's Tennis
10/16 @ San Lorenzo
10/18 v. San Leandro @ King Middle School
JV @ San Lorenzo 4:00,
Varsity @ San Lorenzo 5:30
Freshman @ Salesian 4:30,
JV v. San Leandro 4:15
, Varsity v. San Leandro 5:45
*6. Water Polo
10/18 Men's JV v. Bishop O'Dowd@ Mills 4:00,
Men's Varsity v. Bishop O'Dowd @ Mills 3:00
Women's JV v. Bishop O'Dowd @ Mills 4:00,
Women's Varsity v. Bishop O'Dowd @ Mills 3:00
1. Berkeley Public Library is hiring 3 students to work with the Teen Services department. The job involves shelving library materials, assisting with clerical tasks, and working with Teen Services staff to improve our programming and outreach to teenagers. Must be 16-18. Students work no more than 8 hours/week, after school, usually not on weekends, for one school year. Pay begins at $8.00 per hour and may increase to $10.00. Please note that the Library is hiring through the City of Berkeley’s YouthWorks program. Students need to apply to YouthWorks at 2180 Milvia and let YouthWorks staff know they are interested in the job at the Berkeley Public Library’s Teen Services department. Application period for these afterschool jobs opens October 1st and closes November 1st. For more information call 510 981-6135 or email kaf2 at ci.berkeley.ca.us.
2. The City of Berkeley's YouthWorks Employment Program in the Department of Health, Housing & Community Services, is pleased to announce that the application period for the Winter After School Youth Employment Program begins on Oct 1st and continues until Nov 1st.
Qualified Youth (14-25 years old & Berkeley residents ) are eligible to apply for jobs in a variety of sectors, including childcare, recreation & clerical positions within city departments and various community organizations. The pay is $8.00/hr, and Youth may work up to 15 hrs/week for a period of up to 7 weeks. The tentative employment start date is December 10th, 2012.
To apply: Youth need to come in person to the YouthWorks office at 2180 Milvia St. (City Hall) starting Oct 1st, to sign in and pick up an application packet. The completed application must be turned in with required original documents including Photo ID, Social Security Card, Proof of Residence, a typed or word-processed resume, and Parental Authorization for youth under the age of 18. The deadline for returning the application & required documents is Thursday, Nov 1st, 2012.
Please note the offices will be closed on Oct. 12th and 26th as part of the city's continuing cost-saving measures.
For youth requiring assistance with resumes, YouthWorks will be offering two resume workshops: Wednesday, Sept 26th, Oct. 10th, from 4:00-5:30pm at the Berkeley Public Library, Central Branch (2090 Kittredge St) in the 3rd floor electronic classroom. Preregistration is required; please contact YouthWorks to register and to pick up a resume worksheet. Participants in the workshop will complete a professional resume ready for submission to the program.
To register for resume workshops, or for further information regarding the Winter After School Employment Program, please contact YouthWorks at (510)981-4970 or email youthworks at cityofberkeley.info.
*New to the bulletin today
Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: 'subscribe'
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS