[BHS Etree] CLUBS: BHS Math Club - Thursdays at Lunch, H216

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Sep 18 08:31:12 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Grant Storey,
grantjstorey at gmail.com

Join the BHS Math Club!

Have you ever found yourself thinking, "Wow, this math problem is
interesting," "Math can actually be kind of cool," or "I want to get into
college" ? If so, join BHS Math Club. Don't worry, this isn't math class at
lunch; you don't have to be a genius to join. We meet every Thursday at
lunch in H216 and work on interesting challenges. We also go to monthly East
Bay math competitions, where we often win, have lots of fun, and (most
importantly) get free food.

Math Club is about having a good time; when we lose a competition or
temporarily forget how to do multiplication, we laugh about it. That doesn't
mean we don't often win competitions, and this spirit has carried Math Club
alumni to colleges like UC Berkeley, Cal Tech, MIT, and Stanford. We look
forward to seeing you there!

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji, and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer
<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to:
<mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'