[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Important upcoming dates

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sat Jun 30 13:10:45 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby,
janethuseby at berkeley.net

1. Orientation (Registration) is scheduled for the week of August 20.
Freshmen come on Monday, August 20.
Sophomores come on Tuesday, August 21
Juniors come on Wednesday, August 22
Seniors come on Thursday, August 23

All students will pick up their schedules, textbooks, locker assignments,
purchase an organizer, turn in forms.  Counselors will be available if there
are problems with schedules.  In addition, freshmen will be given tours and
meet members of the administration.

Please note that there is some confusion regarding the word "registration."
Students first register with the district, students register for classes in
the springtime, and in August we hold registration.  Three different events,
the same word.  To avoid confusion the phone message on the main school line
refers to orientation for the August event.

2. First day of school is Wednesday, August 29.

3. The all-time all-exciting all-consuming Summer Mailing is scheduled for
Wednesday and Thursday, August 1 and 2.  We need all hands on deck to get
this massive mailing out the door.  We need parents, students, grandparents,
guardians, visitors, neighbors.  Community Service Credit given to students!
Good feelings for everyone else.  Please mark your calendar for an hour or
all day.  If you can come, please let me know at jhuseby at pacbell.net  Thank
you!, Janet

Janet Huseby
Outreach and Volunteers
Berkeley High School

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To