[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: WriterCoach Connection Read-and-Write-a-thon, May 19 ((Sat.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Apr 29 18:47:01 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Sahib-Amar Khalsa, sakk at mindspring.com

WriterCoach Connection has been helping Berkeley High students with their writing for over 10 years! Trained community volunteers work one-on-one with students during class time on their writing assignments.

Read-and-Write-a-thon
On Saturday, May 19 we're having our major fundraiser of the year, our 4th annual Read-and-Write-a-thon. Readers will share 15 minutes of their favorite poetry and prose for 10 hours, from 8am to 6pm in the MLK Middle School library. This critical fundraiser helps support our small staff which recruits, trains and supervises over 500 volunteer coaches in Berkeley, Oakland, El Cerrito, and Albany. Special events include team Literary Jeopardy! at noon, and a group reading of Pygmalion at 2:00. Food & refreshments provided!

You can help by sponsoring our readers here:
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/writercoach-connection/rwat2012

Sign up for a reading slot by e-mailing: anniewcc at igc.org

For more information about WriterCoach Connection or this event,
please visit www.writercoachconnection.org.

Sahib-Amar Khalsa
BHS Site Coordinator - WriterCoach Connection

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.