[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: A Roundup of Opportunities

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Apr 18 19:58:29 PDT 2012

Do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net or Fern
Royce bhsoutreach at berkeley.net

I realize this week we have been firing out urgent requests for volunteers.
In an effort to be clear about our current Volunteer Needs--all of which are
important and all of which give you an opportunity to help Berkeley
High--below you will find a Volunteer Roundup:

1. AP/IB test exams.  Starting May 3 and running until the 18, we need over
130 volunteer proctors willing to come in all morning or all afternoon.
Should we not have enough adults supervising, the tests we could be
invalidated should an observer from the testing services visit.  Our current
list of needs may be found at the etree archives at:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/20120415/008485.html

2.  College Fair--Berkeley High's First Annual on Sunday, April 22 for
Juniors and their parents. The College Fair will be informative and very
helpful to our juniors just beginning their college search.  This event is a
junior only event but sophomore parents are needed both morning and
afternoon.  Of course volunteers will be welcome to visit the fair before or
after their shift. Our current list of needs may be found on the etree
archives at: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/20120415/008486.html

3.  STAR test.....we need parents  Friday of this week and Monday next week
to help sort and organize the tests from 8:30 to 11:30 and 12:30 to 3 (any
time you can make it) . During the STAR test next week we need parents
Tuesday-Friday from 8:30 to 9:30 each morning.  For details go to
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/20120416/008490.html

4.  NEW! ON either May 1 and 2 from 3:30 to 4:30 all students taking the AP
exam are required to attend the preadministration sessions in the Community
Theater. Students will fill in the initial questions in their AP exam book.
We need volunteers to pass out, collect and alphabetize.  If you can help,
please email Janet at jhuseby at pacbell.net

5. Ushers for April Sinclair (author of Coffee Makes you Black) on
Wednesday, May 4. Filled! (Thank you, volunteer ushers!)

Janet Huseby and Fern Royce
Outreach and Volunteers
Berkeley High School

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To