[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: Ushers needed for April Sinclair May 2

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Apr 9 19:32:50 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

On Wednesday, May 2, April Sinclair, author of the popular novel Coffee Will
Make You Black, will be speaking at Berkeley High periods 2  and 3. Our own
wonderful Mr. Alan Miller who has arranged the event would like four to five
parents each period to act as ushers: either 9:15 to 10:35 am or 10:30 to
11:45 am. If you can help for one or two periods, please let me know by
emailing jhuseby at pacbell.net.

Coffee Will Make You Black describes the life of a young African American
girl growing up in the 1960's and 70's in Chicago at a time of great change
around the country and in her life. Ms Sinclair is an engaging, humorous
speaker and a great reader of her work.  There will be Q & A to follow.

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To