[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, April 10 (Tues.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Apr 9 19:12:36 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared
for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk. No additional
information or details are available from the etree.

BHS STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

*New or updated information

ADMINISTRATION

*1. It's true - there really is a competition for the class with the best
attendance, and the winner will really get a whole theater rented out to
them to watch a movie together!  Here is the latest in the attendance race!:
Here are updated numbers for attendance competition.  Sophomore class
pulling ahead:

grade 9 -  92.95%           grade 10  -   93.24%       grade 11  - 92.14%
grade 12 -  87.89%

2. Attention: All students who have elevator keys, please return them to
Ruby Taylor in the admin office, if you no longer need them.

*3. Celebrate National Library Week!  Come to the library to check out one
of our new books, choose from our collection of urban drama, graphic novels,
award winning fiction or absorbing nonfiction.  Pay special attention to our
"Still Hungry" display of titles for Hunger Games fans. Be sure to pick your
favorite from our choice of special gifts from our beloved and helpful
teacher librarians!

*4. Still thinking about running for an elected position in Leadership?  The
deadline for elected positions - that's ASB President, Vice-President, Chief
of Service, Chief of Social Activities, Class President and Vice President,
BSEP or SSC reps- has been EXTENDED to April 12. That's right - you now have
until after Thursday to get your application in for any ELECTED position in
Leadership.

CLUBS

*Applications for next year's Philosophy Club leaders are now available! If
you are interested, please contact Or at orzitag at gmail.com by April 20!

SENIORS

Seniors!  Get your prom tickets in the leadership office this week for $80
at lunch and afterschool.

SPORTS

*Berkeley High's Softball team takes on 3 local opponents this week:
Tuesday, April 10 against Albany High at their Cougar Field (JV & Varsity
both play at 4 pm); Wednesday, April 11 against Alameda High (Varsity plays
at Grove Field and JV at Alameda, both at 4 pm); and Friday, April 13
against Arroyo (Varsity plays at Grove Field and JV at Arroyo, both at 4
pm). Come see some great ball games and support your teams!

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To