[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Encourage your student to donate $1 on Friday for a great cause

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Mar 14 14:42:00 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Chris Young,
<mailto:chrisyoung at berkeley.net> chrisyoung at berkeley.net

Dear BHS Parents,

Would you give just one dollar to save a life?  Most of us would.  One of
the campaigns the student leadership team has decided to take on for this
March's Month of Service is to help build a birthing center in Dolpa, Nepal,
where maternal birth-related death rates have been extremely high as they
lack quality services.

On this Friday, March 16 leadership students will go to every second period
classroom to collect money in specially marked boxes.

Students are doing this as part of One Dollar for Life, an organization
started by a teacher and students at Los Altos High School.  The idea is
that students see the impact they can have as a community by simply each
donating $1 (or more) to a shared cause.  To make this a powerful, community
building experience we ask that you please participate.

If you would personally like to donate, please write checks to One Dollar
for Life and deliver it or have your student deliver it to the Leadership
Office.  Checks can also be sent to:

ATTN: Chris Young

1980 Allston Way

Berkeley, CA  94704

The message for students is powerful:  you CAN be a bigger person by helping
someone else.  You CAN help make the world a better place.  If we can
instill that belief in BHS teenagers and beyond, we WILL change the world.

Thank you,

Quan Tran, ASB Chief of Service

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To