[BHS Etree] COLLEGE/CAREER: Seeking Mentors for Summer Jobs or Internships

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Mar 13 10:38:39 PDT 2012

PLEASE do not hit reply, contact Kathryn Levenson,  <mailto:klevenson at aol.com> klevenson at aol.com

Etree note: this volunteer effort, by BHS parent and former teacher Kathryn Levenson, is supported by Berkeley High’s College and Career Advisors.

Seeking Mentors for Summer Jobs or Internships

I am building a database and website to connect students with alumni and parents who can provide job mentoring, internships, part time or summer jobs, informational interviews or job shadowing in a variety of jobs and professions.  Some of the smaller BHS schools already have similar services but BHS as a whole does not have such a resource.

I believe we can find a large pool of alums and parents willing to help students get the experience they need to succeed in the working world or to make decisions about college majors.

If you are willing to be listed on the database for students to contact, please email me (contact below). I will send you a profile page to fill out.

Please contact Kathryn Levenson, BHS parent, former BHS teacher, and Intern for the School of Library Science at San Jose State at  <mailto:klevenson at aol.com> klevenson at aol.com.  Please put “Intern Mentor” in the subject line.

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:  <http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to  <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: 'unsubscribe'.   To post a message, send to:  <mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net