[BHS Etree] ADMIN - Update on Shooting Incident

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Feb 23 14:16:02 PST 2012

Dear BHS Families:

Following up on our previous note we can presently report that our student is out of surgery and is stable and resting. While we are not posting the student's name his individual teachers will be notified.

We are cautiously optimistic about the outcome of this particular situation, but we are again deeply saddened by the reminder of how often and how brutally gun violence continues to impact young people in our community and in many communities across the country.

While we have no indication of any further threat to the BHS campus or community in connection with this incident, our partners at the Berkeley Police Department have coordinated additional police presence with our safety staff for the duration of the afternoon and through dismissal purely as a precautionary measure while Oakland P.D. continues their investigation.

Reporting news like this to our community is never a pleasurable endeavor, and the best response we can hope for is to continuously endow our students with knowledge and options that decreases the probability of their being impacted by this or any other type type of pointless, futile violence.

We will make every effort to keep you informed and to ensure that all of our students remain safe and well cared for at Berkeley High School.

Additional details will be made available where appropriate.

Respectfully,

Pasquale Scuderi
Principal
Berkeley High