[BHS Etree] ADMIN - BHS Student Injured in Oakland Shooting

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Feb 23 13:18:29 PST 2012

Dear BHS Staff and Families:

We regret to inform you that we have confirmed preliminary reports that a BHS student was injured in a shooting off campus in Oakland.

Our School Resource Officer from the Berkeley Police Department and our Dean of Students is maintaining close communication with the Oakland Police Department and any relevant or appropriate details will be shared with our school community as they become available.

The latest information we can confirm is that the young man is in surgery.

While we have no current indications that this terrible development poses any immediate threat to the campus or our general student body, we will nevertheless heighten our safety and security protocols and have counseling staff and the health center ready for students who may be emotionally impacted by these developments.

Our hearts and thoughts are with our young man, and we will communicate what we can as more information becomes available.

Respectfully,

Pasquale Scuderi
Principal
Berkeley High School