[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES - Volunteers & Donations Needed, Jan. 27 Staff Appreciation Reception

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Jan 17 11:25:04 PST 2012

 PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Chris Young
chrisyoung at berkeley.net or Brianna Hedemann
briannahedemann at students.berkeley.net

Dear Berkeley High Parents and Community Members,

On January 27 I, Brianna Hedemann, ASB Commissioner of Staff Relations, and
fellow student leadership members are organizing an appreciation reception
for the BHS Staff.  It has been a very great semester and I believe all
staff members need to be acknowledged for the outstanding job they do.  As
well this is an attempt to help staff be more connected with each other.
 We firmly believe that teachers that are appreciated and connected to the
community are better teachers!

We are seeking donations of time, food, or money to help us put on this
special event.  If you can make a donation please contact Mr. Young,
Director of Student Activities today.  We need parent volunteers to help
set up the event, serve drinks, and maintain the food and service areas.
 We need all types of foods to make for a potluck style dinner.  We need
money to help us buy additional food or decorations.  How to make each type
of donation is listed below.

Our event will be held at Northbrae Community Church's Haver Hall at 941
The Alameda in Berkeley.  We have reserved the facility from 12pm-7pm.  The
event will run from 2pm to 6pm and feature a BHS Jazz ensemble, a
student-produced slideshow/video, special appreciation presentations and
many other special moments.  If you can volunteer to be there you are in
for a treat!

HOW TO VOLUNTEER:
Let us know if you can work the setup, service, or cleanup shift(s).  A
limited number of students are also welcome to volunteer.  Shift times:
Setup: 12pm-2pm
Service: 2pm-5pm
Cleanup: 5pm-7pm

HOW TO DONATE FOOD:
Let Mr. Young know what you will bring and an estimate on how many it will
serve.  We are currently seeking hearty dishes of meat or vegetables,
appetizers and various types of salads and drinks.  Please bring it along
with a serving utensil to 941 The Alameda between 1:30pm and 3:30pm.
Staff will
start trickling in around 2pm with an expected peak around 3:30-4:00pm.

HOW TO DONATE MONEY:
Please write a check to "BHS Student Activities" with "Staff Appreciation"
in the memo line.  Checks or cash can be hand-delivered to the Leadership
Office or the front desk, or they can be mailed to:
Chris Young
1980 Allston Way
Berkeley, CA  94704

Thank you so much for your support!
Brianna Hedemann, on behalf of student leadership and the entire Associated
Student Body