[BHS Etree] ADMIN: 10th grade EXIT EXAM February 7 and 8

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Jan 11 09:25:49 PST 2012

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby, jhuseby at pacbell.net

It is that time of year again: The All-Sophomore California State Exit Exam
(CAHSEE) will be offered on Tuesday, Feb. 7 and Wednesday, Feb. 8.
All-Sophomore means 834 students will be taking the test at once! It is a
massive undertaking but one that Berkeley High manages because our community
comes through to support our dear students.

The first day's test is English, the second is Math and all sophomores are
required to take both sections. Students who don't pass will have more
opportunities as juniors and seniors to retake one or both sections.

The exam will be offered in several locations but most students will be
assigned either to the Jacket Gym or the Donahue Gym. The 10th graders will
report to Berkeley High at 7:30 am on both days. The tests are untimed. As
students finish the exam they will return to their regular school schedule.

First Official Call for Help!

We need dozens of volunteers to help check students in, monitor the exam,
and sort the material in the afternoon. The three volunteer shifts are 7:15
to 8:30 am, 8:30 to noon and noon to 3 p.m. The more people we have, the
calmer and more orderly the test will be.  It is also, if you are a 10 grade
parent or guardian, a wonderful time to meet your child's entire class.  So
many reasons to help, but mainly because you are needed.

If you can help, please let me know which day and which shift. You can
contact me at jhuseby at pacbell.net

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To