[BHS Etree] MISC- PLAY Academy Last Call for Enrollment!

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Sep 28 13:19:41 PDT 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Fele L. Uperesa, fuperesa at berkeleyboosters.org

Hello Students/Parents:

The Police and Life Academy for Youth (PLAY) spends 8 weeks introducing students to our local public services as well as law enforcement.  Whether looking for a career in law or just wanting to educate yourself , this program provides the invaluable opportunity to explore these departments in action with guest speakers and presenters that are experts in their chosen field.

The Fall session is almost full , there are only 2 spots left and today is the last day to enroll.  We will meet today at Berkeley Police Department at 2100 MLK Jr. Way from 4-6 P.M. to talk about Emergency Preparedness and students will build their own emergency kits.  All classes are FREE and graduates will receive a Letter of Recognition signed by both UCPD and BPD Chiefs as well as a certificate of completion.  Students can also receive community service and internship hours as part of participation.

Sign-up today!
Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.