[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS- Seeking math volunteers

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Sep 28 13:19:31 PDT 2011

Please do not hit reply.  Contact Rena Crocker renacrocker at berkeley.net

Beginning on October 11, Rosa Parks Elementary is offering a "math skills clinic" to students from kindergarten through 5th grade, and we’re wondering if YOU would like to come volunteer!  Volunteers will work in pairs, leading simple math and logic games for different grade levels.  All activities will be prepared for you in advance - no prep required on your side.  It's just showing up on Tuesdays to play games, help kids strengthen their skills, assist with homework when needed, and have fun!

Here are more details:

Who:  Anyone who is interested, high school students or adults

When: Tuesdays from 6:30-8:00pm

Dates: October 11 through December 6 (no meeting on November 22, the week of Thanksgiving)
Training: Held at the first meeting (October 11)
Place: Rosa Parks gym, 920 Allston Way in Berkeley
Prep: None!
Rewards: Getting to see kids gain strength and confidence in math and logic skills; getting to know kids from our community; and a yummy thank-you dinner held for you after the program!

Please contact me if you'd like to hear more!  Thank you so much for considering this fun (and important) volunteer opportunity.

--Rena Crocker (510-644-8537, renacrocker at berkeley.net)

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.