[BHS Etree] BULLETIN - Student Daily Bulletin, Sept. 26 (Monday)
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Sep 25 15:48:04 PDT 2011
PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk. No additional information or details are available from the etree.
STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
Monday, September 26, 2011
*New to the bulletin today
1. Students you are required to carry your Student ID’s at all times. You must have an ID to check out books.
2. Sign-ups for the PSAT will begin for Juniors next Monday, Sept. 26 and will continue to Friday, Sept. 30. The fee is $22 cash, check or money order (payable to Berkeley High School). This is a practice for the SAT, but for juniors who score well, it is the qualifying test for National Merit scholarships. Fees will be collected at the BOC during lunch and after school to 4 p.m. Sophomores will sign up the following week - October 3 through 7 same times and place.
*3. Sign up to give blood!! Save a life, be hero! Look for a table outside of the food court at lunch and put your name on that paper. The blood drive will take place on Wednesday, September 28th.
4. Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School's After school ELL Tutorial is looking for Spanish bilingual tutors who can work from 3-4 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, and from 2:15-3:15pm on Wednesdays. We'll also consider hiring monolingual English-speaking tutors. We're looking for patient highschoolers, 11th and 12th grades only, who are good in pre-algebra, algebra, general math, science 6-8, history, 6-8 and, of course, literature and writing 6-8. Pay is $9.00/hr. You must arrive on time! Come by the Science Building, Room 7 and ask for Patricia Rathwell or Akemi Hamai. You can also call Ms. Rathwell @ 644-4811 for more information.
*1. Hey seniors! Senior portraits take place the first and second week of October. Don’t forget to make an appointment at abcschool portraits.com. The deadline is coming up soon so check it out tonight!
1. CSF is back. Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors. If you would like to join Berkeley High’s Honor’s Society come pick up an application in the College career center in D221. There will be an optional informational meeting on Monday, 9/26 in the College Career Center for anyone. Questions about the California Scholarship education. Applications are due on Friday, September 30th.
2. Applications now available in the Health Center for the Peer Health Education Program-Shift. Learn and teach your fellow classmates about healthy relationships and sexual health topics. A make a difference on your campus; be a part of the change. Pick-up your application at the Health Center Now!
3. Help buy books for children living in impoverished areas in your community! Join Book Trust Club and help give every child the opportunity of reading and learning. Meetings are Tuesday at lunch in room C326.
The City of Berkeley’s YouthWorks Employment Program in the Department of Housing & Community Services, will accept applications beginning Sept 26th through November 4th for the Winter/After school program.Qualified Youth (14-25 years old & Berkeley residents) are eligible to apply for jobs in a variety of sectors, including childcare, recreation & clerical positions within city departments and various community organizations. The pay is $8.00/hr, and Youth may work up to 3 hours/day (15 hrs/week) for a period of 8-10 weeks. The tentative employment start date is mid-December. To apply: Youth need to come in in person to the YouthWorks office at 2180 Milvia St. (City Hall) to sign in and pick up an application packet. The completed application must be turned in by applicant, with required documents including Photo ID, Social Security Card, Proof of Residence, a typed or word-processed resume, progress report showing a GPA of 2.0 or higher, and Parental Authorization for youth under the age of 18. The deadline for returning the application & required documents is November 4th, 2011. Please note the following office closures during the application period: Monday, October 10th,Friday, October 14th & Friday, October 28th. For further information, contact YouthWorks at (510)981-4970 or email youthworks at cityofberkeley.info
Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.
BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website: http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: 'unsubscribe'. To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS