[BHS Etree] MISC - Youth Spirit Artworks Offers Job Training Program

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Sep 23 07:40:18 PDT 2011

Do not reply to this email, contact slhindman at aol.com

Youth Spirit Artworks, the green, interfaith art jobs and jobs training
program empowering homeless and low-income East Bay young people, ages
16-25, is currently accepting applications for our Fall 2011 program. Youth
Spirit is located at 1769 Alcatraz Avenue (3 doors down from the corner of
Adeline near Addies Pizza Pie) in S. Berkeley, 4 blocks from Ashby BART.

Students at YSA have a lot of fun creating commercial art to sell in
community with other youth--and they receive stipends for their
participation. They can choose between training sessions either: M-W-F or
T-Th-F from 3:30 to 6:30pm.

Youth receive training in a variety of areas including art, work place
professionalism, and self-care. They receive snacks and a meal on Fridays.

Youth climb a progression ladder in our program from beginning Aspirants to
Sr. Artists, growing in responsibility. They receive certificates of
completion at the end of each training session.

In order to be accepted into the program applicants need to: 1) love art; 2)
be living at or below poverty level. We prioritize acceptance of other youth
dealing with social and economic challenges/marginalization, including GLBTQ
young people, youth in foster care, etc.

Space is available until our program is full.

YSA's fall program will run from Monday October 3rd through Friday January
13th.

For information about YSA visit our web site at: www.youthspiritartworks.org
or call: 510-282-0396. Email: shindman at youthspiritartworks.org

Applications can be downloaded from our web site or requested by phone. You
can email, mail or drop off completed applications. The address is: Youth
Spirit Artworks, 1769 Alcatraz Avenue, Berkeley, CA  94703.

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To